Author Topic: For All You Scott Stapp Haters  (Read 2467 times)

TimCooke

For All You Scott Stapp Haters
« on: March 01, 2006, 10:30:00 am »
I'm sure I'll catch a load of shit for this post, but he really did put on a great show last night.  Place was only half full, but he had the energy like he was playing to a sold-out arena.  New songs and the old Creed songs all rocked.  

Sure...he had lots of Sappy "Self-help" talks between the songs, but his voice and the music couldn't have sounded better.

sonickteam2

Re: For All You Scott Stapp Haters
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:32:00 am »
must have been an open bar last night!

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 10:38:00 am »
It's really quite amazing that such a big name star would only half fill the 9:30 Club when tickets were only $25.

Or is Creed less popular than I imagine?

Bags

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 10:47:00 am »
Stapp is so annoying, but I have to say, I always liked his voice.  Even with his kinda funny intonations (anyone ever heard Dave Grohl do his Stapp impression?  It's priceless...)

yinzer

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 10:49:00 am »
i think it mainly owes to him selling 90% of his albums in hick areas and the midwest generally.  sure, he sells some elsewhere, but it's almost like the saying goes with celine dion: she sold 50 million albums to no one you know.

or maybe it's because the rest of creed was just so great and their fans have discerned that alter bridge is just the way to go.  yeah, that's it.

xcanuck

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Stapp is so annoying, but I have to say, I always liked his voice.  Even with his kinda funny intonations (anyone ever heard Dave Grohl do his Stapp impression?  It's priceless...)
Remember the MTV Celebrity Death Matches? I didn't make a point of watching them, but I did see the Scott Stapp/Eddie Vedder Death Match. And Henry Rollins does a great Stapp impression where he gets on Stapp for ripping off people like Vedder and Staley.

shemptiness

frostytheswami

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 03:10:00 pm »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 03:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mingler Nipsey:
  One picture is worth a thousand words
holy shit is that funny
(o|o)

alex

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 06:14:00 pm »
hahahaha that about sums up where he is now in his career.

i will say it is cool that he is donating his entire cut of the shows on this tour to local food banks in each city.  so i heard.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 09:47:00 am »
Originally posted by Alex:
 i will say it is cool that he is donating his entire cut of the shows on this tour to local food banks in each city.
Then does this make him the Wal-Mart version of Bono?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 10:27:00 am »
well based on the cover of his new record, he certainly wants to be bono...
T.Rex

brennser

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 11:21:00 am »
funny clip from DCist review of show

1. Free tickets to last night??s show were available at the door, and by ??at the door?, we mean literally taped to the door with a sign that said ??FREE.? We initially considered making an immediate update to DCist to that effect, but thought better of it after realizing that we??d only subject ourselves to the outcry of the True Fans angry that we??d blown another special deal. For Stapp??s part, he can content himself in the knowledge that his draw in Washington is roughly identical to the Bicycle Thieves.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 09:03:00 am »
Woman sues to be digitized in Rock/Stapp sex tape

Miami woman claims privacy invaded by tawdry tour bus tape

MARCH 3--A Florida woman who stars in the Kid Rock-Scott Stapp sex tape has filed a lawsuit against the California company that has recently tried to market the racy video of her 1999 tour bus encounter with the two rock stars. In a complaint filed yesterday in Miami-Dade County Circuit Court, the woman, identified only as "Jane Doe," contends she has suffered emotional distress (and had her, um, privacy invaded) as a result of the attempted sale of the video by World Wide Red Light District. While a federal judge last month halted the video's distribution at the request of Rock (real name: Robert Ritchie), segments of the sex tape have appeared online. According to the complaint, a copy of which you'll find below, "Jane Doe" is "one of four women who participated in the sexual acts, after a romantic interlude" with Stapp. "For all purposes, she is the star of the females," wrote the woman's lawyer, Scott Salomon, who told TSG that his client is a student from Miami. Salomon declined to further identify his client. In addition to naming World Wide and company officer David Joseph in her complaint, the woman is also suing Stapp, former lead singer of Creed. Stapp, pictured above in a still from the sex tape, has recently alleged that the video was stolen from him, a claim that World Wide has denied.