Author Topic: Screamers DVD  (Read 846 times)

bearman🐻

Screamers DVD
« on: December 06, 2004, 11:07:00 am »
While in Philly this past weekend I picked up the new DVD by the Screamers...it is absolutely one of the best things I've seen in a long time. For those of you unfamiliar with the Screamers, they were a punk band from LA, but pretty far ahead of their time. They just used an electronic piano, keyboard and drums...and lead singer Tomata du Plenty's delivery was up there with Darby Crash for sure. They were never really properly recorded, so that's what makes this DVD so special. It's the next best thing to having a time machine, since there was so little documentation of their work. Great sound quality and an incendiary performance. I highly recommend it for anyone who is into the late 70's punk scene.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Screamers DVD
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 11:16:00 am »
Thanks for the tip Bunnyman.  I'm a huge fan of the late 70's early 80's LA punk scene.

bearman🐻

Re: Screamers DVD
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:54:00 pm »
I really cannot recommend it enough. It's always so amazing to see a band like the Screamers who were SO far ahead of their time. For $13 it's a relative bargain considering the videotape of this on Ebay has gone for as much as $75. You won't be disappointed for picking it up.