Author Topic: A true world champion!  (Read 1396 times)

mankie

A true world champion!
« on: November 22, 2003, 10:40:00 am »
For the doodles..a world champion is when you win a contest that includes countries from all over the world. Like THIS!

England win Rugby World Cup

Australia 17-20 England
 England won the Rugby World Cup with a breathtaking Jonny Wilkinson drop goal just 26 seconds from the end of a thrilling final in Sydney.

Millions watched around the world as captain Martin Johnson became the first player to lead a northern hemisphere side to the world title.

Wilkinson's last-gasp effort was all that separated the sides after 100 minutes of rugby and a dramatic extra-time finale.

markie

Re: A true world champion!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 11:16:00 am »
Did you stay up to watch it? I thought about staying up and then decided that if I did they would only lose.

mankie

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 11:48:00 am »
I had to come to work so couldn't stay up all night...my mate called me pissed up from the boozer in Cheltenham. He said everyone is dancing in the streets all over England...I got homesick. 7,000 Scotsmen hung themselves after the final whistle went. (Hopefully!)  :D

Guiny

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 12:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  For the doodles..a world champion is when you win a contest that includes countries from all over the world. Like THIS!

Isnt that what the US does everytime the Olympics come around? Except we use our ameteurs against the rest of the Worlds Pro's.

mankie

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 01:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Guiny:

Originally posted by mankie:

Isnt that what the US does everytime the Olympics come around? Except we use our ameteurs against the rest of the Worlds Pro's. [/b]
You mean amatures like the DREAM TEAM, MJ, Magic and the like...or amatures like team USA that got walloped by team Canada in the winter olympics hockey gold medal game? Please clarify for us.

How's the doodle baseball team going to do in the next olympics by the way?

If you did some research I think you'll find Britain has never fielded pro's for any olympic event.

mankie

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 11:21:00 am »
Looks like there will be a true world champion of runny-catchy after all.

NFL's World Bowl to Be Held in Germany

NFL Europe's World Bowl will be held next year on June 12 at the Gelsenkirchen stadium where the Duesseldorf Rhein Fire played last season.

The title game of NFL's developmental league will be staged in the 60,000-seat dome 17 days after the UEFA Cup soccer final takes place there, the league said Monday. AufSchalke Arena will be the ninth venue for the World Bowl.

The Rhein Fire averaged 34,000 fans for five games last season at AufSchalke while awaiting a new stadium. The team will play there next season before returning to Duesseldorf in 2005.

Copyright 2003 Associated Press.