Author Topic: What was your first concert?  (Read 9221 times)

llauraann

Re: What was your first concert?
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2003, 11:05:00 pm »
wow, i cant believe im the first to admit.. errrrrr say this.. haha. new kids on the block. definately. oooh man, it was dec 3rd and 4th of 1990. at the, then named, baltimore arena. i was a whole riping age of 12! i think the next was actually milli vanilli. i guess my mom thought she was doing us a favor?! haha.

at milli vanilli, ill never forget. i dropped my ketchup on this girls chair infront of us and she had a tshirt on it. so the whole show all i wanted to do was leave. i was so scared this 15 year old or whatever girl was going to beat me up! never thought of just letting her know and asking my mom to buy her a new tshirt. oh well, she was probably only mad that she threw it away and couldnt get her money back once that confession let you get anything milli vanilli related merchandise refunded. hard times as a kid i tell ya.

Captain Jack

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2003, 12:25:00 pm »
Warren Zevon at the Bayou, winter of '95. I was 9 or 10, I kept hoping he asked me to come on stage so I could play 'Wild Thing' on a guitar that he'd give me. I later passed out in a basket of thick ruffled potato chips.

Jaguär

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2003, 01:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Captain Jack:
  Warren Zevon at the Bayou, winter of '95. I was 9 or 10, I kept hoping he asked me to come on stage so I could play 'Wild Thing' on a guitar that he'd give me. I later passed out in a basket of thick ruffled potato chips.
LOL. Rock star fantasy versus harsh reality.

ruthann

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2003, 02:38:00 pm »
First "concert" for me was George Carlin at the Stanley Theater in Pittsburgh, 1975.

First music concert? I'm not sure, but it might have been America later that year. It's been a while.

twangirl

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2003, 03:21:00 pm »
my first concert was, uh, David Cassidy at Merriweather I think in 1974.

the first concert my friends and I were allowed to attend unchaperoned was, uh, Chicago at Cole Field House, probably 1976.

my first 9:30 show was The Blasters w/ Tex Rubinowitz opening in 1981.