Author Topic: Built To Spill Question  (Read 1851 times)

sonickteam2

Built To Spill Question
« on: April 18, 2006, 09:04:00 am »
I will admit, that recently i obtained a copy of BTS's new CD You in Reverse from a friend, who i believe illegally downloaded it. That may not be important, but the ENTIRE CD has some guy, every so often saying something like "this is my town" or i cant understand what he's saying, but is about every 2 or 3 minutes, but sometimes more or less.   weird. i dont get it. but i was wondering if its on the store bought CD or one of those things put in just to annoy downloaders.

does anyone that bought You In Reverse hear that voice?

duderino

Re: Built To Spill Question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 09:32:00 am »
nope, i think thats one of the earlier leaks of the cd.

jude376

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:57:00 am »
My legally-obtained copy has no creepy voices. I really like the album a lot - a new yet familiar-sounding direction for them. And I was a little apprehensive, with the new producer and all. Stripped of Phil Ek slickness, the sound is still unmistakenly BTS, although it's somehow more raw and affecting.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 08:50:00 pm »
good riffs, fewer good songs, kinda disappointing
o/\o

tobyd

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 09:57:00 pm »
I love the new record.  Definitely worth paying for also.  The artwork is worth the price of admission.  I'd say it's the best record since Keep it Like a Secret.  But hell I'm pretty biased.  I've been digging all their hits since the 90's, seen em 15 times yada, yada.  Really tick'd me off when Death Cab and Modest Mouse got all the money when these guys who are in the same mold but with better songs and much cooler guitars were passed on by.  This could be their time.  I think they deserve all the praise they can get.  Cheers, Toby

eanders4

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 09:08:00 am »
okay yeah i hear the creepy voice too and it is starting to really get to me.  goes to show i should have bought the album.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 09:41:00 am »
Are you sure you didn't smoke some salvia before listening to the cd?

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 09:59:00 am »
Originally posted by Emily Anderson:
  okay yeah i hear the creepy voice too and it is starting to really get to me.  goes to show i should have bought the album.
LOL. its definitely there "this is my town!!"  i dont know what the hell he says.

I will be buying the album soon though!  :)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 04:51:00 pm »
early leaks had mike jones snips spliced in
o/\o