Author Topic: coat check policy  (Read 6412 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: coat check policy
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 08:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  I think Jason Mraz wins some points for touring with Liz Phair
Touring with Liz Phair might have earned you points 10 years ago, but not now
_\|/_

xliteit

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 08:55:00 pm »
Don't wait in line, go whenever you feel like it, check your coat, and then push your way to the front. Jason Mraz fans aren't going to do anything about it.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 11:56:00 pm »
i'm also kind of curious...is there a coat check at The Black Cat?  every time i've been there during the winter, we've never bothered to figure it out, and have just piled all our coats in the corner by the stage.  if there is one though; i most CERTAINTLY will utilize it...

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005, 12:01:00 am »
I can't decide which kind of fans are more annoying: the type who arrive hours before the show, stake out a spot on the floor, and think they own a deed to the real estate -- or the people who shove their way to the front and wind up standing right in front of me.

You be betty, the Black Cat has a coat check, which I think is new.  But it SUCKS!  Last week at Bliss/Annie it took me a half hour to check my coat, and then a half hour to un-check it.   I looked over there a few times during the evening and the line never got any shorter.   Until they figure out how to do it effectively, I'm going back to stuffing my coat in a corner and hoping nobody steals it!
_\|/_

Bags

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 12:57:00 am »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:

Originally posted by Sir HC:
  I think Jason Mraz wins some points for touring with Liz Phair
Touring with Liz Phair might have earned you points 10 years ago, but not now [/b]
That was an awful show...there was little crossover of fans, from what I could tell, and the Mraz fans drove me nuts with their sideways funkalicious b'ball hats and tight little tees.  I got the hell out of there after Liz's not good set.

Darth Ed

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 01:12:00 am »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  i'm also kind of curious...is there a coat check at The Black Cat?  every time i've been there during the winter, we've never bothered to figure it out, and have just piled all our coats in the corner by the stage.  if there is one though; i most CERTAINTLY will utilize it...
I don't think there was, but there is now, as of about a month ago. It's where they used to sell the CDs and T-shirts. The CDs and T-shirts have been moved over next to the mini-bar on the right (facing the stage). I used the Black Cat coat check when I was there for Rogue Wave actually, but I first saw it at the Echo and the Bunnymen concert ten days earlier.