Author Topic: Nada Surf roll call  (Read 5069 times)

crevers

Re: Nada Surf roll call
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »
Definitely there.  I'll be the guy making out w/his wife during "Blonde on Blonde" while my sister-in-law looks around desperately for a tall, skinny geek to hold her.

Side note: agreed on "Lucky" being a grower.  After 2 listens, I thought the lyrics were their worst yet and the melodies were bland.  The lyrics are still stupid ("Just look at the size of you!"), but I've come around on the melodies.

Epstein

• http://www.hit-dat.com
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 07:55:00 pm »
i tried dude, proximity effect awesome let go awesome weight is a gift real good...this just boring boring boring, like i said they have finally conformed to the barasuk sounds or whatever it is...
Kill the sound: <A HREF="Http://www.hit-dat.com" TARGET=_blank>http://Http://www.hit-dat.com[/url]

Driveway

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 02:35:00 am »
amazing show.  aww fuck it, i'm gonna have a party.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 08:19:00 am »
They had to cut Popular and Paper Boats from the set last night because of the time constraints of an early show.  Too bad because I love Paper Boats and have never heard them play Popular.  I had a blast, though.  They inspired much making out in the audience
PANTS

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 10:29:00 am »
I can't imagine Blankest Year made it to the NPR broadcast.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 10:45:00 am »
fuck, why not?

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  I can't imagine Blankest Year made it to the NPR broadcast.
(_|_)

shoelaces22

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2008, 10:50:00 am »
Originally posted by MyraEllen:
  They had to cut Popular and Paper Boats from the set last night because of the time constraints of an early show.  Too bad because I love Paper Boats and have never heard them play Popular.  I had a blast, though.  They inspired much making out in the audience
The gross underage couple in front of me was making out before the show even started.  Just a rant, but the girl was in the front row and had her back to the stage the entire time so she could be embracing her boyfriend, who didn't seem overly into the show either -- why not just stay home and make out on the couch while listening to an album?  So annoying.

As far as Nada Surf though, I thought they were terrific and I don't really have any complaints.  It was a great start to the night.  I'd love to see them again sometime.

Smylie

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2008, 11:24:00 am »
Ha, i was about 3 people over from the making out couple.  Did you yell for Blizzard of '77 when they came back out?

As someone who only knows about 1/2 of Nada Surfs material, i thought they were pretty good live.  I liked the mirrors they had placed on stage.

shoelaces22

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »
No.  That's one of my favorite songs by them, but I'd already seen a bunch of set lists for this tour so I knew exactly what they were going to play in the encore and didn't feel the need to shout since it was coming anyway.

Driveway

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »
I was wondering about Paper Boats... I think I've seen them 7 or 8 times since Let Go came out and they have played it at every show.  I really love that song, it might be my favorite.  It is a definite grower though.  As for popular, I've never heard them play it and I'm glad they didn't cut something else to squeeze it in.  I'll take Blonde on Blonde over popular any day.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2008, 02:46:00 pm »
My pie last night was DELICIOUS, in fact it could be called DANGEROUSLY Delicious...
T.Rex