Author Topic: The State  (Read 2322 times)

lbcardoni

The State
« on: November 20, 2007, 01:49:00 pm »
From  My Old Kentucky Blog

By Michael Showalter...

I'd like to be the first to announce on My Old Kentucky Blog that The State is reuniting (though in truth we never broke up) to make a sketch comedy movie. All I can say about it is that we're back together after a brief ten year break and it's going to be about the history of our country. Hopefully, funny. While we're getting that up on it's feet I decided to make a comedy record. It's called Sandwiches & Cats and I called it that because Cats & Sandwiches was too easy to say. Sandwiches & Cats is a little harder to say. It rolls off the tongue less easily. I was going to call it just Sandwiches but then a woman brought two cats to my live taping and they meowed through the entire recording so it seemed appropriate to add it to the title considered that they were providing most of the laugh track. Here's a meow-less clip from the show where I'm talking about the night that I took an anti-pyschotic by accident thinking it was St. John's Wort...

BookerT

Re: The State
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »
damn this sideways house!

K8teebug

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »
Let's go to the zoo and watch the monkeys do it!

Venerable Bede

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »
the pope, he is a so nice.
OU812

lbcardoni

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 05:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  Let's go to the zoo and watch the monkeys do it!
The monkeys do nota do it...They make looove

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 05:36:00 pm »
What IS it with this nostalgia about mid-90's MTV related crap?  It's not like they made a movie out of Aeon Flux or The Smashing Pumpkins have released a new album!

Brian

P.S.  I wonder what Dan Cortese and Kennedy are doing these days?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »
What a tool.

Originally posted by Brian_Wallace:
  What IS it with this nostalgia about mid-90's MTV related crap?  It's not like they made a movie out of Aeon Flux or The Smashing Pumpkins have released a new album!

Brian

P.S.  I wonder what Dan Cortese and Kennedy are doing these days?

serpent boy

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 12:39:00 am »
Yesss, great news. Now let's hope that MTV will stop fucking around and finally release The State DVD.

nkotb

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 08:55:00 am »
I was watching the Sarah Silverman Program DVD and it had a promo for a series collection of the State on DVD.  No release date yet, but it's still awesome news.

Originally posted by serpent boy:
  Yesss, great news. Now let's hope that MTV will stop fucking around and finally release The State DVD.

serpent boy

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »
From the-state.com:
 "* * * NOTE (Nov 1, 2007): We are sorry to report The State DVD is now NOT being released this fall. We worked closely with MTV to make a great DVD set with lots of extras for the show, and the DVDs are completed, but they has chosen not to release the set at this time. We don't know why."

Originally posted by nkotb:
 [QB] I was watching the Sarah Silverman Program DVD and it had a promo for a series collection of the State on DVD.  No release date yet, but it's still awesome news.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 01:31:00 pm »
p.s. is anyone going to head up to baltimore for the michael ian black/showalter show next month.

i'm there.
nothx

nkotb

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »
I was thinking about going, but I haven't been that impressed with their stand-up.  

The live Stella shows were great, but the last time I saw Showalter just do stand-up I wasn't that impressed.  They just seem better in sketch/improv comedy...especially when they're together.

Has anyone seen the Stella shorts they used to produce?  I love that DVD.

Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  p.s. is anyone going to head up to baltimore for the michael ian black/showalter show next month.

i'm there.