Author Topic: Siren Festival - Brooklyn, NY 07/15  (Read 2442 times)

Vas Deferens

Siren Festival - Brooklyn, NY 07/15
« on: June 06, 2006, 02:13:00 pm »
Lineup:

1) Scissor Sisters
 2) Stars
 3) Tapes 'n Tapes
 4) Art Brut
 5) Dirty on Purpose
 6) The Stills
 7) Deadboy & The Elephantmen
 8) The Rogers Sisters
 9) The Cribs
 10) Celebration
 11) She Wants Revenge
 12) Priestess
 13) Man Man
(_|_)

amnesiac

Re: Siren Festival - Brooklyn, NY 07/15
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 02:22:00 pm »
Yeah, I'm seriosuly considering this, mainly for Art Brut even though I'll be seeing 'em at Pitchfork. But their show at Ottobar was one of my favorite shows this year.

Is there still one more act to be announced? I think they usually have 14.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 02:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by amnesiac:
  Yeah, I'm seriosuly considering this, mainly for Art Brut even though I'll be seeing 'em at Pitchfork. But their show at Ottobar was one of my favorite shows this year.

Is there still one more act to be announced? I think they usually have 14.
www.brooklynvegan.com   Last one is "Hatred for Stars"
(_|_)

ggw

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 11:19:00 am »
Serena Maneesh has been added, according to www.productshopnyc.com

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 12:24:00 pm »
okay, so i'm looking to go to new york for a few days at some point over the summer.  so what/when are the other good festivals?  i heard about this one at Coney Island...

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 12:31:00 pm »
Unless they've switched locations, the Siren Festival is on Coney Island.

Originally posted by you be betty:
  okay, so i'm looking to go to new york for a few days at some point over the summer.  so what/when are the other good festivals?  i heard about this one at Coney Island...

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 12:33:00 pm »
Siren fest is at Coney Island, as was part of the Across The Narrows Festival that was held in NYC last summer.

ggw

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »
Check with Charlie Nakatestes, he's the authority on NYC shows -- at least the free ones.  He could probably also tell you where the best public restrooms in the five boroughs are, and which restaurants offer early bird specials.

eltee

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 02:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Check with Charlie Nakatestes, he's the authority on NYC shows -- at least the free ones.  He could probably also tell you where the best public restrooms in the five boroughs are, and which restaurants offer early bird specials. [/b]
Take heed, it's not like California. In New York if it rains at a free show, they tax you 8%.

you be betty

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 02:48:00 pm »
oy, i know.  it's cool.  thanks  :)

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 03:01:00 pm »
This search engines takes care of a bunch of them:

http://www.rivertorivernyc.com/events/index.php?rndnum=1093689603

though it doesn't include these:

http://www.summerstage.org/
 http://www.brooklynx.org/celebrate/schedule.asp

Out of all of them, I think we're opting to see Richard Hawley at the Seaport Music Fest.

Sorry, can't help you on the public restrooms or early bird specials. I usually just pee in an alley.

anarchist

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 09:41:00 pm »
i have been to every siren since gbv,superchunk,man astroman.  i think the 2nd yr was the best.  this year does not look so good.  it is a great scene and it never rains.  summerstage does not look too good either.

you be betty

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 11:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by anarchist:
  i have been to every siren since gbv,superchunk,man astroman.  i think the 2nd yr was the best.  this year does not look so good.  it is a great scene and it never rains.  summerstage does not look too good either.
yeah, i noticed it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot going on.  my friend is going to be at Barnard for most of June and July and so we want to go for a few days to hang out with her, and i'm trying to figure out when to do it.  the TV on the Radio/Matt Pont/Voxtrot looks like the most promising thing at this point, AND it's on my birthday weekend.  i'd also really really like to go to MisShapes...have any of you gone?  what's the deal with that?

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »

Originally posted by anarchist:
yeah, i noticed it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot going on.  my friend is going to be at Barnard for most of June and July and so we want to go for a few days to hang out with her, and i'm trying to figure out when to do it.  the TV on the Radio/Matt Pont/Voxtrot looks like the most promising thing at this point, AND it's on my birthday weekend.  i'd also really really like to go to MisShapes...have any of you gone?  what's the deal with that? [/b]
been to misshapes a few times. but im pretty sure its either 21+ or 18+ at the youngest. it might be all ages when bands are playing, but dont think thats the case. and most the venues for live music seems to be 21+, although irving plaza might be all ages along with the bigger venues.

and i just decided that instead of the siren festival ill be going to the grock festival (or whatever its called). maybe not quite as good, and its $15, but it has sponge, elefant, people in planes, bril, and dramarama (who im beyond excited to see again). and i think theres another few bands.
HeyLa