Author Topic: Worst show you've seen so far this year?  (Read 4363 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Worst show you've seen so far this year?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 12:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  - The Lashes at SxSW

now it's all coming back to be... the lashes "single" popped up on a couple comps and i thought it was a decent catchy song.  got their cd via La La and quickly discovered they are a one hit wonder at best and have already traded it away...
T.Rex

Darth Ed

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 12:23:00 pm »
Definitely the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

chokeychicken

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 12:37:00 pm »
best show i've seen so far is definetly the lifetime show at the court tavern in jersey.  

right up there is the B&S show at 930.

worst show?  having to sit through circa survive 2 nights in a row so i could enjoy saves the day.

alex

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by chokeychicken:
  best show i've seen so far is definetly the lifetime show at the court tavern in jersey.  
"You know how when you grow up, and you get suspicious about people from your childhood possibly being lamer than you remembered, but all you needed was some kind of closure or something to wrap it all up and prove that they really were lame? Yâ??know, like that kid who gave you your first beerâ?¦ he was really into Slayer, drove a Camaro, fingerbanged your babysitter, and you thought he was super rad cos he had a mustacheâ?¦ and then 10 years later you saw him bussing tables at a Sizzler.

Well, that band Lifetime is a lot like that. We all kinda got tricked into thinking they were sorta ok way back there somewhere in the 90â??s. Somehow they would always end up on a mix tape some cute chick made you with a bunch of other bands that actually were coolâ?¦ like Jawbreaker and Sunny Day Real Estateâ?¦ and you were smoke-screened of their actual wackness cos they sounded sorta ok in between the good bands, and you couldnâ??t exactly put your finger on what was lame untilâ?¦â?¦ they reform years later, and fuckinâ?? FALLOUT BOY signs them to their record label. Ahhhhâ?¦ thatâ??s riiiiiightâ?¦ Lifetime always sucked. Itâ??s all so clear now.

definitivedoodle

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 01:51:00 pm »
opps

cernoch79

• Cernoch Design
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 02:01:00 pm »
Franz Ferdinand & Death Cab For Cutie was pretty bad, even though we had awesome seats, my girlfriend hated it, we left early into Death Cab's set.

Tom Servo

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 02:23:00 pm »
Animal Collective would have to take it.  A couple of others were only "ok", but this was a solid thumbs down.

Guiny

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 02:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Alex:
 Ahhhhâ?¦ thatâ??s riiiiiightâ?¦ Lifetime always sucked. Itâ??s all so clear now. [/QB]
I figured that out when I saw them at the HFSestival a few years ago, they made Dashboard Confessional seem exciting on that day.

alex

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 02:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Ahhhhâ?¦ thatâ??s riiiiiightâ?¦ Lifetime always sucked. Itâ??s all so clear now. [/b]
I figured that out when I saw them at the HFSestival a few years ago, they made Dashboard Confessional seem exciting on that day. [/QB]
you're thinking of lifehouse

ggw

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »

"You know how when you grow up, and you get suspicious about people from your childhood possibly being lamer than you remembered, but all you needed was some kind of closure or something to wrap it all up and prove that they really were lame? Yâ??know, like that kid who gave you your first beerâ?¦ he was really into Slayer, drove a Camaro, fingerbanged your babysitter, and you thought he was super rad cos he had a mustacheâ?¦ and then 10 years later you saw him bussing tables at a Sizzler.

Well, that band Lifetime is a lot like that. We all kinda got tricked into thinking they were sorta ok way back there somewhere in the 90â??s. Somehow they would always end up on a mix tape some cute chick made you with a bunch of other bands that actually were coolâ?¦ like Jawbreaker and Sunny Day Real Estateâ?¦ and you were smoke-screened of their actual wackness cos they sounded sorta ok in between the good bands, and you couldnâ??t exactly put your finger on what was lame untilâ?¦â?¦ they reform years later, and fuckinâ?? FALLOUT BOY signs them to their record label. Ahhhhâ?¦ thatâ??s riiiiiightâ?¦ Lifetime always sucked. Itâ??s all so clear now. [/b]
I'm guessing you aren't the original author of this rant.

Guiny

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 03:11:00 pm »
 you're thinking of lifehouse [/QB]
You are correct, maybe I should read more closely.

alex

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Well, that band Lifetime is a lot like that. We all kinda got tricked into thinking they were sorta ok way back there somewhere in the 90â??s. Somehow they would always end up on a mix tape some cute chick made you with a bunch of other bands that actually were coolâ?¦ like Jawbreaker and Sunny Day Real Estateâ?¦ and you were smoke-screened of their actual wackness cos they sounded sorta ok in between the good bands, and you couldnâ??t exactly put your finger on what was lame untilâ?¦â?¦ they reform years later, and fuckinâ?? FALLOUT BOY signs them to their record label. Ahhhhâ?¦ thatâ??s riiiiiightâ?¦ Lifetime always sucked. Itâ??s all so clear now. [/b]
I'm guessing you aren't the original author of this rant. [/b]
hah, no...i just happened to be reading buddyhead when i read that post.

i don't think lifetime is all that bad, myself.

chokeychicken

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 04:37:00 pm »
why is it that unless a band is dead, or on the front page of pitchfork, it's unaccpetable around here?

lifetime didn't play fucking HFS.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 04:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
  Hard-Fi

Absolutely terrible.
I agree.  Hard-Fi is my choice.