Author Topic: Rock The Bells Roll Call (RATM, Wu-Tang, Etc.) 7/28/07 &  (Read 2520 times)

bnyced0

Re: Rock The Bells Roll Call (RATM, Wu-Tang, Etc.) 7/28/07 &
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 10:10:00 am »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Originally posted by bnyced0:

Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  TheDirector is the King of Excess.

If I were in NYC this weekend, I'd go to Sonic Youth, then Rock the Bells the following night!
Exactly, especially if you only have VIP for Sunday.  

But my boy has only himself to top considering he's doing a mind numbing half dozen police shows this year, but we all have our weaknesses      :D     [/b]
Bastard!      :p    [/b]
Just to keep the shit stirred up, and since I KNOW how much you enjoyed RTB, I have to ask for a clarication on whom exactly are the disposible bands you were referring to?  

Because I KNOW you aren't referring to Sonic Youth, who may be the most vital group of MY generation and the  subsequent ones as well.  

I'm not going to debate the merits of The Police, mostly because there isn't much to debate, but when someone speaks of legends I usually reserve that title for bands that chart new territory, serve as an influence for following generations, show longevity, and challenge its audience, in this case all current descriptions that justify adding Living to the legend title.  

Some undiscerning listeners may find SY brand of noise a one trick pony, but they've been keeping it real for DECADES, and CONTINUOUSLY, without a drop  in quality, with very few concessions, and inspired most of the knock offs of the 90s.  

Anyway since I KNOW you weren't talking about them, I guess next time I see you we can discuss who you were referring to.

So with the shit swiftly stirred  I'm off to get close up and personal with Meg White and profess my undying admiration for her voluptuous drum kit.

Vas Deferens

(_|_)

vansmack

Re: Rock The Bells Roll Call (RATM, Wu-Tang, Etc.) 7/28/07 &
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:

check out the "comments"
Awesome.
27>34