Author Topic: Tapes 'n Tapes @ Fletcher's  (Read 1613 times)

JohnnyBaconbitz

Tapes 'n Tapes @ Fletcher's
« on: June 09, 2006, 11:18:00 am »
Last night was everything that one could hope for in a weeknight rock show...solid crowd, a tiny venue, cheap tickets, and an assload of quality music.

The opener was Cold War Kids from Los Angeles, and they were really solid. Their singer actually has some of the better pipes that I've heard in awhile. I picked up their EP and it's impressive...I expect their full-length (whenever it comes out) to be really good.

The second band was the Figurines from I think Sweden. They were tight and entertaining, but nothing to write home about.

Finally, Tapes 'n Tapes impressed the hell out of the approximately 100 people in attendance. The songs from the record sounded fantastic and they added about three extras that were high quality as well.

They're really young, and it was impossibe not to be won over by their youthful enthusiasm. The band was clearly having a good time at this hole in the wall in Baltimore and were in no way sporting big heads following their big shows at the Bowery.

In fact, the lead singer works the merch table...that's ten cred points right there.

Anyway, I'm done. It was a great, great show and I would highly advise anyone to check them out, especially while they're playing these tiny venues.

If you don't have the record, buy it...I think it's my favorite album of 2006 so far.

grotty

Re: Tapes 'n Tapes @ Fletcher's
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 11:31:00 am »
Originally posted by JohnnyBaconbitz:

If you don't have the record, buy it...I think it's my favorite album of 2006 so far.
agreed. it's brilliant.

hope i get a chance to see them

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 02:16:00 pm »
I'm glad to hear Cold War Kids were good live.  I keep waiting for them to come around here  . .

jude376

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 10:20:00 pm »
I have been enjoying The Loon for a few months now, but I must say the album is no substitute for Tapes 'n Tapes live. They were simply amazing. Let's hope they come to DC soon.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 02:11:00 am »
Seriously...they need a BC date ASAP...

mattedling

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 03:24:00 pm »
According to Brooklyn Vegan:  SOUND TEAM + COLD WAR KIDS

7/24 washington, dc black cat WITH midlake

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 10:12:00 pm »
Yeah, I really enjoyed the show. An energetic, upbeat set. I had to work late, so I missed the two openers.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 10:45:00 pm »
Are the CWC headlining the BC show?

mattedling

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 11:29:00 pm »
I assume Soundteam would be headlining