Author Topic: The Red Romance  (Read 1872 times)

calecp01

The Red Romance
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:10:00 am »
are ex-Ambulance, LTD guys.  They're playing at Rock and Roll Hotel with 1990s (ex-Yummy Fur) and Telograph this Friday.  We did an interview and have their EP streamed here:

http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/interviews/listening-party-the-red-romance/

calecp01

Re: The Red Romance
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 11:28:00 am »
Just picked up the 1990s full length this morning - it's pretty fantastic.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
Saw them with The Killers back in April. Have to say wasn't a big fan. Should probably check out some of their recorded stuff before I judge.

Relaxer

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 11:53:00 am »
Originally posted by cale:
I love the 1990s album and am really looking forward to tomorrow night's show.
oword

calecp01

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:

Originally posted by cale:
I love the 1990s album and am really looking forward to tomorrow night's show. [/b]
I thought they were fucking great.  One of the best rock shows I've been to in a while.  I was shocked at the turnout though, DCist, BYT, and something else, I forget, recommended it.  What else was going on?

Relaxer

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »
1990s were great. Great showmanship, good sound, great songs. Really glad I went, and 'Cookies' has been on constant rotation all weekend. You're Supposed To Be My Friend absolutely killed.

And Red Romance were pretty great too. Not really my favorite kind of music, but they were very tight, had good songs, and were real polished. I could see them moving up the chain pretty quickly.
oword

calecp01

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 02:41:00 pm »
Oh, and Red Romance put on a good show as well.

Also Metronomy put on a really fun show on Sat, once again playing to a very small audience.  Do people not know about these events, or is the DC scene just not interested, or do people simply not want to go to the Hotel?

andelman

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 03:09:00 pm »
I was at the show as well and also surprised at the turnout (meager).  I dont know what it is about the RNR Hotel that keeps people away, perhaps a lack of public transportation. I thought the 1990's were very good and its too bad there were so few people there to enjoy it.  
 The Red Romance were okay in my opinion, but I am not a huge fan of that type of music.  They sound a lot like The Killers, who I believe they have opened for in the past.