Author Topic: Can't believe I missed this....  (Read 735 times)

vansmack

Can't believe I missed this....
« on: March 07, 2005, 07:45:00 pm »
Sugartastic Tee Silk sent me an invite and everything, but the invite never disclosed the shoot location.  I would have made the trip to LA for this.  Dammit!

Weezer Ready "Believe"

Guitar pop band plot comeback, head to Playboy Mansion

Weezer will release Make Believe, their long-delayed fifth album, this May. Currently mixing in New York City, the four-piece recently filmed the video for the record's first single, "Beverly Hills," at the Playboy Mansion, with 150 diehard fans in attendance.

"It thought it'd be more of a fish-out-of-water thing," drummer Pat Wilson tells Rolling Stone. "But, strangely, it was totally normal seeing girls wearing three square inches of clothing, playing soccer with our fans." All day long the Weezer posse fed Hugh Hefner's spider monkeys and soaked in the Grotto.

This all-out good time was much welcome after years of stops and starts for the guitar pop band. Weezer -- frontman Rivers Cuomo, guitarist Brian Bell, bassist Scott Shriner and Wilson -- have been struggling with the follow-up to 2002's Maladroit for nearly three years. As Maladroit was hitting stores, the band began recording new songs, posting nearly twenty new tracks on its Web site. Those tracks, however, were scrapped, and by early 2004, Cuomo had moved into an apartment next door to legendary rock producer Rick Rubin's house to start afresh on a new album.

Then last summer, the band eliminated the material they'd recorded with Rubin, re-entering the studio to finish the mysterious record before Cuomo returned to Harvard University in the fall (he began an undergraduate degree in English literature there in 1995).

Weezer are set to play the sixth annual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 30th at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California. Their self-titled 1994 debut was recently included in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
27>34