Author Topic: Snow Patrol  (Read 1844 times)

redsock

Snow Patrol
« on: February 13, 2004, 01:21:00 pm »
Heard a really great song by them on XM. Anyone know if they're worth tracking down?

Joymonster

• MySpace
Re: Snow Patrol
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  Heard a really great song by them on XM. Anyone know if they're worth tracking down?
They have their moments...

brennser

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 01:26:00 pm »
they're good - I have some mp3s somewhere but nothing from their latest album

some of the people in snow patrol are also in the reindeer section, which apparently is some kind of indie supergroup, if such a thing exists

skonster

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 01:27:00 pm »
I like them.  If you're familiar with Reindeer Section, it's a similar type thing (Reindeer section is headed by the main snow patrol guy but for some reason is easier to find here than snow patrol albums).  "When It's All Over We Still Have to Clear Up" is the one album of there's I've heard; although it can be a bit of a pain to find in local stores (I found a copy at the olssons in alexandria). I think their new album comes out in a couple of weeks.

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 01:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by skonster:
  I like them.  If you're familiar with Reindeer Section, it's a similar type thing (Reindeer section is headed by the main snow patrol guy but for some reason is easier to find here than snow patrol albums).  "When It's All Over We Still Have to Clear Up" is the one album of there's I've heard; although it can be a bit of a pain to find in local stores (I found a copy at the olssons in alexandria). I think their new album comes out in a couple of weeks.
I read somewhere that it's coming out here sometime in March, presumably with bonus tracks.

redsock

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 01:34:00 pm »
Oh, cool, I really like Reindeer Section. Explains the names too, these guys gotta get out more. Reindeer section is a bit of a hodge-podge, different singers, including the guy from Idlewild to i believe.

It seemed like Snow Patrol had more electronic beats, at least the song i heard. Reindeer Section is really stripped down. I'm curious enough to start hunting i think.

ratioci nation

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 02:03:00 pm »
have a friend who really likes them, actually ordered the new one from cd-wow as a birthday present last night, I never much cared for them

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 03:02:00 am »