Author Topic: Peter Murphy  (Read 1698 times)

Tonorro

Peter Murphy
« on: June 07, 2008, 10:58:00 am »
Peter Murphy has an open date on July 1 and he is playing in Baltimore (Rams' Head, ouch) on 6/30.

How about booking him for a late show (After Cute is What ...) on 7/1?

saintangelsin

Re: Peter Murphy
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:14:00 am »
I second that! It's nice thinking.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 09:20:00 am »
Don't be lazy, drive to Baltimore for Peter Murphy to cancel on you last minute.

There's no way he'd be able to pull a show in both cities on back to back days at these two venues, especially a Monday and Tuesday. Maybe if it was booked at Fletchers and Rock and Roll Hotel. He'd be lucky to break 600 people still interested in him at one venue, let alone packing two clubs.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

saintangelsin

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 02:36:00 pm »
Oh i'm not being lazy. I just hate going to Ramshead. I'd rather support local and real music venues instead of the applebee's of music venues. (Yes I'm anti-live nation!)

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 03:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  Oh i'm not being lazy. I just hate going to Ramshead. I'd rather support local and real music venues instead of the applebee's of music venues. (Yes I'm anti-live nation!)
Rams Head is not a Live Nation owned music venue. They are locally owned just as the 930 club is.   Though Live Nation does a portion of the bookings.  

just to clarify.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by MindCage:
  Don't be lazy, drive to Baltimore for Peter Murphy to cancel on you last minute.

There's no way he'd be able to pull a show in both cities on back to back days at these two venues, especially a Monday and Tuesday. Maybe if it was booked at Fletchers and Rock and Roll Hotel. He'd be lucky to break 600 people still interested in him at one venue, let alone packing two clubs.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
hes got 2 dates in new york and hasnt sold out either. i guess i was somewhat surprised, but the price is pretty high. and VIP tickets at gramercy theater seems unreal. cant imagine anything in there VIP.

id say see him in b'more.
HeyLa

Tonorro

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 04:51:00 pm »
I've never been to Rams Head but I hear the sight lines are terrible and it likes the intimacy of the 9:30 club.  PM gets a lot more animated if he can sense the crowd and I was hoping the 9:30 club would get the local booking.

saintangelsin

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 06:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
 Rams Head is not a Live Nation owned music venue. They are locally owned just as the 930 club is.   Though Live Nation does a portion of the bookings.  

just to clarify.
Oh I didn't realize that. So let me get this straight, Rams Head is locally owned but doesn't do their own booking? or doesn't do most of their own bookings? I just find that a bit weird.