Author Topic: Swervedriver roll call (Sun. 6/8)  (Read 3216 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Swervedriver roll call (Sun. 6/8)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 11:44:00 am »
I gasped too.
احمد

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »
I don't remember Wrong Treats being played, but I *do* remember yelling for them to play Deep Seat. Totally fine with Duress though! They really tore up the club, even with a fairly small audience there. I walked in the club about 10 minutes before they got in, and easily got a front/center spot. I wish it had been more packed, though.

AND, they did Girl on a Motorbike, which was such a left-turn for me, I had NO clue they still played that song.

Amazing show!
Woof.

jeffnar

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 05:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
  I don't remember Wrong Treats being played, but I *do* remember yelling for them to play Deep Seat.
yes ixkpd-bk and daverad, not 100% sure they played Treats; I just copied the bassist's setlist I got after the show, which had that and Satansville as the encores. Lucky for us they switched out for or added Duress which was not on the original. I also yelled for Deep Seat a coupla times. Oh well, we got 2 of the 3 Big D's: Duel and Duress.

Some dude on swervedriver.com said he'll post some pics and possibly vids later on, so check it out.

Got such a buzz that today when I got out of work and my car wouldn't start (so I had to walk in the pounding heat and take some busses home, leaving my car on its own), I somehow am arriving home 1.5 hours late and sweaty, but I'm still in a good mood.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »
Wow, I'm bummed I missed this, due to an ill-scheduled barbeque  (my own).   Both for seeing the band, and for a very rare Jaguar sighting.
_\|/_

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  Wow, I'm bummed I missed this, due to an ill-scheduled barbeque  (my own).   Both for seeing the band, and for a very rare Jaguar sighting.
Hey,Doomie........I was THERE and still did not get a Jaguar sighting......I think she was incognito or something...

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »
You don't see her if you look for her... you have to be gazing at your shoes, and then she appears...
_\|/_

snailhook

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 01:46:00 am »
i have jaguradar so i spotted her right away.

excellent show. thought the first couple of songs were a bit mediocre, but they were just warming up. from "sandblasted" on, the set was high quality. great guitar-rock band. "rave down" and "duress" were my highlights.

i'm seeing them again on thursday in nyc. i hope they stick around for a while, they didn't sound like they missed ten years at all.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 09:00:00 am »
I enjoy most of what I go to...  :D   I dis bands I like also...it's fun  ;)

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  do my eyes deceive me, or did mr. marshmallow actually enjoy a show?
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 09:39:00 am »
I thought this would be my chance to meet the elusive Jaguar but alas, I felt like absolute shit a few hours prior to showtime and didn't go.  :(  Guess it'll have to be Ulrich Schnauss.
احمد