Author Topic: Elefant roll call  (Read 5874 times)

Bags

Re: Elefant roll call
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2004, 10:41:00 am »
Was it packed?  Did they go on about 11?

markie

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2004, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
Ding ding DING.

There were people queing out of the door at around 9.30. But it wasnt too bad upstairs. Infact I would say perfect after the two chatty cathies moved away from us.

ratioci nation

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2004, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
more people then I have ever seen there, even the staff were telling people it was way more people than normal, they went on at 11

Liberte

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2004, 11:35:00 am »
Hell of a show, especially at the price (which will likely be a lot higher the next time that band hits town).  I think most folks would have been happy to see them play a little longer, but they packed a lot of energy into an hour set.

It was fun to put faces to a few of your names, too.

vansmack

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2004, 07:05:00 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.  

They're playing here in 2 Weeks and Smackette has threatened my life if I don't take her to see them this time.  She thinks he's purty too....

New stuff's great too - I'm glad to hear I don't have to hear the entire "Sunlight makes me paranoid" album live again.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2004, 04:47:00 pm »
By the way, when I was looking for info on the show I saw on Monday, I stumbled across this and thought you would enjoy it.

From the Journal kept on Elefant's web site:

February 19th - DC

What a fun show! It is so satisfying to just make a loud racket in a small, oversold by 60 people, sweaty room. It is as good of a reason to start a band as any. We also did a 4 song recording for XM satellite radio earlier this morning. We did Misfit, Tonight Let's Dance, Sunlight Makes Me Paranoid, and The Clown. Keep an ear out for it if you can. Thank you Tobi and the engineers at the studio for making us feel so welcome.

So long D.C. see you soon.

xoxo
 JJB
27>34

Bags

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2004, 07:10:00 pm »
I missed that show (and regret it) but that's an awesome catch, smackie...You serve even from the far coast...