Author Topic: Marah  (Read 981 times)

Sage 703

Marah
« on: June 28, 2006, 12:45:00 am »
okay, i have to vent about this band.  i've been hearing great things from a lot of people.  checked them out at Bonnaroo...

I've never been so turned off by a band's live performance.  I have no problem with the fact that they sound a lot like Springsteen - hell, they do the sound very well.  But at least at Bonnaroo, they came off as a parody of Springsteen and the E-Street Band, all the way down to their clothes and canned dance moves.  The lead guitarist was a complete rip off of Little Steven, to the point that it almost seemed like they were a Springsteen tribute band that just happened to pen some of their own songs.  It was painful to watch, and I couldn't take them seriously at all.

Anybody else got an opinion on them or on this, in light of Bonnaroo or the Alejandro Escovedo set, or any other time you've seen them?  Because I was impressed with their music...just totally put off by their live show.

boweswana

Re: Marah
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 02:01:00 pm »
We played a show with them a while back, I thought they were a good live band.  Definitely some throwback action going on but I really enjoyed their set.  Super nice guys to boot for what that's worth.