Author Topic: John Wesley Harding @ Warehouse 5/2  (Read 1017 times)

ggw

John Wesley Harding @ Warehouse 5/2
« on: April 29, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
Monday, May 2 at 7:00PM || Wesley Stace -aka- John Wesley Harding || Warehouse Theater & Cafe, 1021 7th St., NW

Join us for a special evening when literary critic and rock star Wesley Stace, aka John Wesley Harding, ! reads from his debut novel, Misfortune, and performs a "mini concert," singing a cappella. The novel tells the story of Lord Geoffroy Loveall, who arrives home one fateful morning with a most unusual packageâ??he's found an abandoned baby, whom he adopts and names Rose. When Rose reaches adolescence, Lord Loveall's delusion becomes apparent to all, and her parents can no longer disguise the secret around which they've created Rose's entire world: this delicate flower is, in fact, a boy. Books to be sold by Olsson's. At Warehouse Theater & Cafe, 1021 7th St., NW, across the street from the new Convention Center, exit at Gallery Place or Mt. Vernon Square Metro. Call Olsson's--The Lansburgh/Penn Quarter for information, 202-638-7610.
As anyone who has seen him in concert can attest, he's a bright and funny guy whose between song banter is as entertaining as his playing.

Bags

Re: John Wesley Harding @ Warehouse 5/2
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
I have this, am going, and was debating about posting as I didn't know how crowded it would get.  I'm evil, after all.

He is everything that GGW said, PLUS adorable!!!   ;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
John Wesley Harding sounds like one of your president guys.....or someone that killed one of them....just an observation.

ggw

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam3:
  John Wesley Harding sounds like one of your president guys.....or someone that killed one of them....just an observation.
A little background