Author Topic: Audioslave  (Read 1527 times)

BLACKSTORM

Audioslave
« on: May 02, 2005, 09:31:00 am »
I was at the Audioslave show last night and realized that about half of the show were Rage and Soundgarden songs. I didn't have any problems with that. I would have like to have heard more new songs off the album. Just my 2 cents. I wonder what others thought of the show.

eip

Re: Audioslave
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 09:58:00 am »
There were only a handful of Soundgarden and Rage songs; most were from Audioslave's first CD and the new one.  I thought the new songs were kind of weak, especially in comparison.

Bartelby

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 10:24:00 am »
"pure, watered-down crap.."  NOT

It was an amazing show. Their sound system was unbelievable (I'll leave it to the experts to explain why) so the quality of their music was perfection!  I was glad they played mostly stuff from their current album.  I'm not a big fan of their newest single release (can't remember the name...) but they played it last night with much more energy and with more metal/riffs, so I liked that version...wish they'd played longer...

Now a crowd commentary:  I made the mistake of being down front by the right bar, and got brutalized...hit in the head and pushed around...not to mention groped (another story)...Message to Mr. Misfit, aka "The Huge Giant":  You're a rude bastard.  Hope you enjoyed the show after you pushed in front of me at 9:30 after I'd been standing there since 7:30 -  you have the fattest freekin' head I've ever seen - nice way to thank me for lettiing you in so you could get a drink at the bar...you F**K.   Message to the really tall guy with two other friends:  thanks for trying to protect me and help me see the show...you're class acts!  

Mr. Misfit and bruises aside, listening to Chris Cornell live was SOOOO great. Like him or not, you have to appreciate his vocal/talent and the poetry of his lyrics. (3...2....1....begin flaming.)

brusie

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 10:54:00 am »
What rage songs did they do and, more curiously, how?  Did Cornell rap like Zach?

BLACKSTORM

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
Originally posted by brusie:
  What rage songs did they do and, more curiously, how?  Did Cornell rap like Zach?
Bulls on Parade
 Killing in the Name
 Testify
 Sleep now in the Fire

Spoonman
 Outshined
 Blackhole Sun

Chirs did an alright job, but he is no rapper. He is a great singer with a great rock voice. I just thought it was too many old songs. They are all great songs, but I came to see Audioslave not RageGarden.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
i would have loved to hear Outshined one more time live, thats like one of the best rock songs ever...

jgreiver

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 11:37:00 am »
I thought the Audioslave show last night ROCKED!!  They sounded fantastic.  Good work sound guys!!

Anyone have a set list from last night?

mekmad

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
This is the set list from Boston and NYC..  Probably similiar if not the same:

SET IT OFF
 EXPLODER
 YOUR TIME HAS COME (NEW)
 LIKE A STONE
 SPOONMAN
 GASOLINE
 DROWN ME SLOWLY (NEW)
 DOESNT REMIND ME (NEW)
 BE YOURSELF (NEW)
 BULLS ON PARADE/SLEEP NOW... (RAGE)
 OUTSHINED (SG)
 SHADOW OF THE SUN
 ------------------------------------------
 BLACK HOLE SUN (SG)
 I AM THE HIGHWAY
 SHOW ME HOW TO LIVE
 KILLING IN THE NAME OF (RAGE)
 COCHISE

beedubyah

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 12:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bluesman2005:
  I thought the Audioslave show last night ROCKED!!  They sounded fantastic.  
I figured they would....Too much talent in that band for them not to entertain....