Author Topic: The Blame Game  (Read 1041 times)

ggw

The Blame Game
« on: February 19, 2004, 04:07:00 pm »
Corgan is blaming Iha for breaking up the Smashing Pumpkins:

http://www.billycorgan.com/

Nick Olivieri is blaming Josh Homme for breaking up QOTSA:

2.15.04:
 Hello everybody. I'm in L.A., and it's getting to be too much. You know what I mean? I'm ready to go out on tour again with Mondo Generator. I just wanted to tell you folks what's really goin' on - good news and bad news. The bad news, which you all know, is that Queens of the Stone Age, as we all know it, is no more. I heard it's now called "Queens Lite." Unfortunately, I was fired, and Mark Lanegan decided to cut out from the Queens and focus on his solo project. His new record will be out this spring.

Anyways, a pure idea has been polluted. It's funny. 'a band about an idea? The concept was simple: A ROCK BAND, selfless, mindless, ego-free, unprotected, about danger, sex, and no bull-shit rock 'n roll. You know what happens when a pure and original rock band gets polluted, poisoned by hunger for power, and by control issues? Things get really out of control. I'm noticing that people start fighting for control, especially when they realize they have no control. And what ever happened to loyalty?

The strongest leaders are chosen by their followers, not self-appointed. The best front men are chosen by their fans. At one time, the thing I really loved about the Queens was that there were three front men, organic and original. I'd never heard of a rock band with three lead singers, with three different voices. My favorite band is dead.

Q.O.T.S.A.
 R.I.P.

http://www.mondogenerator.com/rexmail.php

Bags

Re: The Blame Game
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 04:19:00 pm »
That Corgan rant is astounding...how can you not believe something's happened to instigate it at this particular time.

I'm not a big Pumpkins fan, but I respected them.  Hmmmm...

mankie

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 04:31:00 pm »
QOTSA on Bands Reunited in 20 years? I'll plan on spending the night in front of the mirror plucking my nose hairs that night..

Guiny

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 06:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  QOTSA on Bands Reunited in 20 years? I'll plan on spending the night in front of the mirror plucking my nose hairs that night..
I'll pluck my ear hairs then.