Author Topic: Stuttering John to leave Stern...?  (Read 3682 times)

SPARX

Re: Stuttering John to leave Stern...?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2004, 06:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by flawd101:

i didn't know a colonoscopy was funny...
It is if you aren't the one getting it.

mankie

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004, 06:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by flawd101:

i didn't know a colonoscopy was funny...
It is if you aren't the one getting it. [/b]
Unless your name is Rhett.

(Okay, enough of the Rhett/gay jokes)

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2004, 07:05:00 pm »
I don't even know what a coloscopy is, so it all flies right by me. Sounds like something I don't want to know about.

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 07:11:00 pm »
It's actually a natural progression.

Jimmy Kimmel was a writer and sports guy for a radio show in LA before he made it big on the Man Show (Adam Corolla was with him there as well).

I'm sure there are countless other examples of radio guys in other markets moving to voice over or hosting jobs on Television.

It's all about appearance and the almighty dollar.
27>34

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2004, 11:06:00 pm »
Clear Channel is pulling Howard Stern's show off its radio stations. CC president and CEO John Hogan says that the morning driver is "vulgar, offensive, and insulting, not just to women and African Americans but to anyone with a sense of common decency. We will not air Howard Stern on Clear Channel stations until we are assured that his show will conform to acceptable standards of responsible broadcasting."

cbro

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2004, 11:11:00 pm »
Stern is on an Infinity station here in dc...but how long will he last?  

rumor is all the "shock jocks" will move to XM or Sirius.

Bags

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2004, 12:33:00 am »
Howard works for Infinity, a division of CBS under Mel Karmazin.  He will stay there as long as he wants.  He's got two years more on his contract, and he may want to leave when it's over.  He's doing a lot of television production, and could have some movie deals if he weren't tied to his radio show.  

He is a cash cow that that company, and they love him.  He's been in business for over 20 years, so I'd say he has some staying power, through good times and bad.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2004, 02:17:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Howard works for Infinity, a division of CBS under Mel Karmazin.  He will stay there as long as he wants.  He's got two years more on his contract, and he may want to leave when it's over.  He's doing a lot of television production, and could have some movie deals if he weren't tied to his radio show.  

He is a cash cow that that company, and they love him.  He's been in business for over 20 years, so I'd say he has some staying power, through good times and bad.
>>> But he's also got his other irons in the fire and as far as publicity goes,this would be the perfect time for him to ditch the radio show.....he's in the news like he hasn't been in YEARS and he could ride this publicity into his next t.v. or film project......I know one thing he hates......and that's being on delay.....he's now on a total of 4 delays totaling 90 seconds......it's true that most jocks of his ilk will end up on satellite........it's truly the only place that they would allowed to do the shows they truly want to do......look for O & A to turn up on one of the satellite services before summer is over.....

Bags

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2004, 12:50:00 pm »
You know, he is fed up enought to leave.  Listened this morning -- Clear Channel has suspended his show on the six stations that carry him (Miami, Orlando, Pittsburgh, San Diego, I think Albany...can't remember the last).  Should be interesting to see how this works out.  If he goes to satellite, I go to satellite (but can you tape satellite radio?).

mankie

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2004, 12:58:00 pm »
I hope to God these morons don't end up on sattelite radio....right now it's good and I'd hate for it to go into the gutter. Unless they want to make them premium channels so my $9.99 is lining their pockets.

BTW..what the hell is playboy radio? how do you get nude birds on the radio??

edbert

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2004, 12:59:00 pm »
I heard the Wednesday show- there was nothing unusually obscene about it.  The real reason CC cancelled the show is because Stern criticized Bush to a degree that he never did before, and avowed to help defeat him in the election.  The head of CC is one of the strongest and most powerful Bush supporters/contributors.  Remember the rediculous "pro-war" rallies held one Saturday about a year ago?  Entirely CC-sponsored and organized.  As payback for CC's support, the White House has been making efforts to have media ownership restrictions eased specifically in CC's favor

Bags

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2004, 01:58:00 pm »
According to news reports and Howard this morning, the Tuesday show is the offending program.  But Howard didn't know what content was in question.

There was a lot of talk that it's a Bush thing, as edbert noted.  I believe it -- look, it's Florida and California!  And Howard did much to help Pataki in his election and Christine Todd Whitman in hers.

ggw

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2004, 02:07:00 pm »
I'm sure Halliburton is somehow involved also.

And probably the Rand Corp. as well.

mankie

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2004, 02:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I'm sure Halliburton is somehow involved also.

And probably the Rand Corp. as well.
Halliburton can do whatever the hell they want as long as they allow our troops to call home to see if it's a boy or a girl........evidently.