Author Topic: Holy Weezer!  (Read 6394 times)

Chip Chanko

Re: Holy Weezer!
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2005, 11:43:00 pm »
I just drove to Centerville and back. I put all the Weezer albums on shuffle play in my ipod. Jeez, they're all good. We are the world. We are the children. We are all on drugs (ok, drag those lyrics to the curb along with dope nose). But please don't ask me why I was driving to centerville.

Anyway, from someone who bought pinkerton the night it came out (at 12:01 am) and saw them on that tour (at 9:30), in retrospect i don't think the newer songs stray too far from that album. With distance and time I think that the newer songs fit right in with the old ones. I'd say that Pinkerton and Maladroit are long lost cousins. Green and Blue are fraternal twins. Make Believe is second cousin to the other four (I never took a genetics course).

"The Damage In Your Heart" could've been a b-side from the blue album. As shitty as it is, "...On Drugs" is Pinkerton material. As is "Beverly Hills."

Weezer's older albums aren't as great as we remember...or...if we'd had the new ones back then we'd have loved them just as much. I don't think much has changed. The more I listen to all these on shuffle the more I smile. Isn't that all that's important?

And Kid A is better than OK Computer.

sonickteam2

Re: Holy Weezer!
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2005, 09:10:00 am »
Originally posted by Chip Chanko:

And Kid A is better than OK Computer.
:)