Author Topic: Corgan: Pumpkins' breakup was Iha's fault  (Read 3383 times)

G.Love

Corgan: Pumpkins' breakup was Iha's fault
« on: February 20, 2004, 01:14:00 pm »
what an asshole!

I still like the early Smashing Pumpkins, but B. Corgan is a loser!

Bags

Re: Corgan: Pumpkins' breakup was Iha's fault
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 01:23:00 pm »
Willy, check out this  thread from yesterday.  You HAVE to read the message on Corgan's website (there's a link in the other thread).  You can't even believe what you're reading.

Thanks, though, for the link to the CNN article.  I kinda love that it's hit the mainstream press.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 01:55:00 pm »
does anyone CARE that the Pumpkins broke up?

does anyone care who's fault it is?  i certainly dont.  I am just glad they arent making shitty records anymore.

Guiny

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 02:21:00 pm »
WOW, i kinda liked them, didnt know there was so much hatred towards them. Of course they were popular so i guess i could understand it in here.

ratioci nation

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 02:26:00 pm »
I thought there was general hatred toward their last couple of albums, they were pretty bad.  I listened to Siamese Dream again for the first time in a long time about a month ago and it is still a great album IMHO.  I still remember the first time I heard the opening to Cherub Rock.

ggw

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 02:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

does anyone care who's fault it is?  i certainly dont.  I am just glad they arent making shitty records anymore.
You really are studying to be the new Rhett.

bearman🐻

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 02:37:00 pm »
I grew up in Chicago, loved the first few Pumpkins records. Even "MC&IS" had some great songs...the quieter ones were really beautiful. "1979" still brings a huge grin to my face, and it was great video. But I met Billy Corgan a couple of times and he wasn't exactly the most approachable or friendly person. Maybe he is shy...shy people have a tendency to come off being a little hostile or rude, but I won't make excuses. Billy is a talented guy, the Pumpkins really did rock for a while there, and I'm glad I saw them at the Metro in Chicago in August of 1993 when "Siamese Dream" came out. That was one hell of a concert. But I also think they should have broken up in 1995. The last 2 Pumpkins records didn't really cut it in my book.

Jaguär

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 03:16:00 am »
Have never, ever liked the Smashing Pumpkins. They just did nothing for me. Of course, it didn't help that in the 90s, every single time I turned on HFS they played SP within the 1st 3 songs. Drove me fucking nuts. I remember telling my neice that and we turned the radio on only for them to be playing the SP.

andyrichter

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 01:25:00 pm »
who cares.  iha shoulda quit the band and broken up the pumpkins in 97 before the debacle known as adore.  and i don't even want to think about machina.  gish/siamese dream were gold, mellon collie had its fair share of good/bad moments, then corgan decided to take his taco bell induced diarrhea, put it in the oven, bake it, and try to pass it along to the world as an album. please.

mankie

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 02:17:00 pm »
The best song the pumpkins ever did was Landslide...and you have to be utter shite to have a Fleetwood Mac cover as your best work.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 04:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

You really are studying to be the new Rhett. [/b]
i know, sorry, i digress.

G.Love

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2004, 08:49:00 am »
Originally posted by andyrichter:
    gish/siamese dream were gold, mellon collie had its fair share of good/bad moments
I agree 100% but I would also add "Pisces Iscariot" to the gold list, with the exception of 1 or 2 tracks.

andyrichter

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2004, 06:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Groundskeeper Willy:

Originally posted by andyrichter:
    gish/siamese dream were gold, mellon collie had its fair share of good/bad moments
I agree 100% but I would also add "Pisces Iscariot" to the gold list, with the exception of 1 or 2 tracks. [/b]
yep.  i forgot about pisces.  some really good songs on there too.