Author Topic: Volunteer opportunity Saturday  (Read 1346 times)

Bags

Volunteer opportunity Saturday
« on: May 04, 2005, 06:18:00 pm »
There are only a few more days until the 11th annual Hands on DC work-a-thon â?? this Saturday, May 7th! The weather is forecasted to be great, and we expect more than 2,000 volunteers to work on projects in 33 DC Public Schools. Opening rally and registration begins at 8:30 am at Cardozo High School. See the day's itinerary and get directions to Cardozo HS at http://www.handsondc.org/itinerary2005.htm.

Volunteers will be needed in the Staging Area for post-event clean-up. Help is needed â?? for as little or as long as you are able â?? on Sunday, May 8, between noon and 6pm, and Monday, May 9, between 8am and 8pm. The Staging Area is located in the parking garage of Shaw Junior High School (925 Rhode Island Avenue, NW, near the Shaw metro station on the Green Line. The entrance to the parking garage is on 9th Street, between R Street and Rhode Island Ave.)
 ======================
 Hands on DC is an all-volunteer project that creates better schools and brighter futures for students in the District of Columbia, by holding a day-long work-a-thon that improves conditions in the public schools and raises money for college scholarships. Hands on DC 2005 will take place on Saturday May 7, 2005.

Hands on DC is an all-volunteer nonprofit corporation under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. P.O. Box 57094, Washington, DC 20036-7094. www.handsondc.org.

Venerable Bede

Re: Volunteer opportunity Saturday
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
second year in a row that this interferes with gold cup.  not that it matters to me, i'm gonna be in chicago this weekend.  not to mention derby parties. . .ahhhh, mint juleps!
OU812

Frank Gallagher

Re: Volunteer opportunity Saturday
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
I'd love to help....but unfortunatley I'll be leaving for a week in sunny Turkey that day.  :D