Author Topic: thank you, mister higher power in the sky  (Read 3329 times)

Bags

Re: thank you, mister higher power in the sky
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »
You got it Sweetcell -- looking at just one other issue, any candidate in FAVOR of the death penalty should be as villified in the eyes of the Catholic Church as a pro-choice candidate.

I'm sure I've said this before, but poverty and health care are moral issues to me.

Question, HOW does the Mormon church not lose their tax exempt status for all that advertising on Prop 8?!?!?

Bags

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  I remember fondly when he was just my second or third favorite anchor on sportscenter, but Olberman nails this.
I don't even usually watch Olbermann, but happened to be watching and saw this commentary.  A minute or so in I was flabbergasted -- really great.  Just so reasonable.  Oy.

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

I remember fondly when he was just my second or third favorite anchor on sportscenter, but Olberman nails this.
I don't even usually watch Olbermann, but happened to be watching and saw this commentary.  A minute or so in I was flabbergasted -- really great.  Just so reasonable.  Oy. [/b]
He's done a lot of good ones but that was my favorite of his "special comment"s. I got a knitpicky/hair-splitting response a few days ago after showing it to someone else.
احمد

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 06:37:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:

Originally posted by Bags:

I don't even usually watch Olbermann, but happened to be watching and saw this commentary.  A minute or so in I was flabbergasted -- really great.  Just so reasonable.  Oy. [/b]
He's done a lot of good ones but that was my favorite of his "special comment"s. I got a knitpicky/hair-splitting response a few days ago after showing it to someone else. [/b]
You know, that made me tear up. It is my exact sentiment regarding Prop 8, and gay marriage in general. What a blow for human rights that was.
Woof.