Author Topic: Who's feeling Lily Allen?  (Read 1720 times)

bull930

Who's feeling Lily Allen?
« on: November 04, 2006, 02:25:00 am »
I think she is great bringing the jazz/pop fuse back. It is really needed. She can actually sing too. LDN and Smile are killer tracks but Little Things is superb.

Re: Who's feeling Lily Allen?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 08:54:00 am »
i like her, though Nellie McKay  had her beat by  couple of years. And she wasn't very well received on this board.

froggylizzard

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 07:43:00 pm »
I loike 'er a loh!, especially her nod to The Specials. I caught her show last month in Chicago, she was stunning on "Little Things", but her set was ridicuously short at 35 minutes and according to her, it was two songs shorter in NYC and LA! She better get rehearsing before her next tour.

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 11:16:00 pm »
Like the album a lot. She's also put up a couple dj mixes on her myspace blog. The first one is very well done; the 2nd, not so much.
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 06:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by froggylizzard:
  I loike 'er a loh!, especially her nod to The Specials. I caught her show last month in Chicago, she was stunning on "Little Things", but her set was ridicuously short at 35 minutes and according to her, it was two songs shorter in NYC and LA! She better get rehearsing before her next tour.
I saw her in NYC. She was really good, but her set was so incredibly short. I walked out not very happy. I think tix here were close to $25 (not including stupid extra charges), and the set was maybe 25 mins? A bit disappointing for that kind of money.
HeyLa

saintangelsin

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 02:57:00 am »
i dig lilly allen. I've been waiting forever for her cd to be released her in america. any word on that yet?

bull930

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:00 am »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  i dig lilly allen. I've been waiting forever for her cd to be released her in america. any word on that yet?
It will be in January.

BookerT

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 09:09:00 am »
i'd like to feel lily allen. maybe if i slip her a couple hits of E i could make that happen.

honestly, though, i love that album. well, at least most of it. ok, the first four songs are fantastic. i stand by that. she's a charmer, i think.