Author Topic: konono sweat fest  (Read 1720 times)

BookerT

konono sweat fest
« on: July 22, 2006, 03:09:00 pm »
has anyone ever been to a show as hot as the one last nite in the black cat?? jesus CHRIST. the a/c was busted upstairs, bad enough that they were giving refunds. i couldn't stay up there for more than 10 minutes at a time, it literally was like a sauna. the konono folks were probably used to it, but that is NOT the way to enjoy a show.

Tom Servo

Re: konono sweat fest
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  has anyone ever been to a show as hot as the one last nite in the black cat?? jesus CHRIST. the a/c was busted upstairs, bad enough that they were giving refunds. i couldn't stay up there for more than 10 minutes at a time, it literally was like a sauna. the konono folks were probably used to it, but that is NOT the way to enjoy a show.
I made it for the last 20 minutes of the show, having gone to Secret Machines first.  It was indeed sweltering.  The heat kind of became part of the show itself.  That's the kind of show that you don't watch.  You have to participate.  Accept that you're going to be soaked.  

I really wish they would have come another night so I could have been there for the whole thing.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 03:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Tom Servo:
  I made it for the last 20 minutes of the show, having gone to Secret Machines first.  It was indeed sweltering.  The heat kind of became part of the show itself.  That's the kind of show that you don't watch.  You have to participate.  Accept that you're going to be soaked.  

Kind of like a virtual pool party.

Wasn't at last night's show but I've been to plenty like that in the past. You learn to dress and expect that at times as part of the experience. Can't say I like it that way though. Actually, I've even had to very often teach classfulls of out of control kids in those conditions. Not easy. It has a weird knack of putting the teachers to sleep and completely hyping the kids up even further. Not good at all where the concert exeperience can end up being a lot of fun if you know what you're getting into.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 04:36:00 pm »
so what?  you didn't pour beer all over everyone and call it a party?!