Author Topic: Graham Coxon  (Read 2788 times)

markie

Re: Graham Coxon
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 10:34:00 am »
Well I am kind of glad it was not just me that is deaf. I woke up and thought I had turned into Rhett....

TomJaworski

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 11:05:00 am »
Decent show. Loud show. Missed Golden Republic. 22-22s were good, but a bit derivative, just like their album. I really dig 5 or 6 of their tunes. Graham was impressive. Pop-pier stuff sounded like early Blur. The noisier stuff kinda reminded me of Nirvana for some reason. I enjoyed how he kept making weird noises into the microphone after every song.

I wish I knew a free ticket was available for a review. I would have been up for that.

malkmess

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 01:06:00 pm »
i did enjoy all three bands as well, i preferred the 22-20s of the opening bands. i was really looking forward to seeing them live, too, and they didn't disappoint. here is graham's setlist in case anyone is interested:

escape song
 spectacular
 no good time
 ain't no lie
 i wish
 bottom bunk
 bittersweet bundle of misery
 girl done gone
 all over me
 hopeless friend
 life it sucks
 right to pop
 gimme some love
 fame & fortune
 can't think of your skin
 freakin' out
 ----------------
 bitter tears
 feel right
 people of the earth
 who the fuck

Relaxer

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by malkmess:
  i did enjoy all three bands as well, i preferred the 22-20s of the opening bands. i was really looking forward to seeing them live, too, and they didn't disappoint. here is graham's setlist in case anyone is interested:

escape song
 spectacular
 no good time
 ain't no lie
 i wish
 bottom bunk
 bittersweet bundle of misery
 girl done gone
 all over me
 hopeless friend
 life it sucks
 right to pop
 gimme some love
 fame & fortune
 can't think of your skin
 freakin' out
 ----------------
 bitter tears
 feel right
 people of the earth
 who the fuck
Of course, there was a second fake-encore split between People of the Earth and Who the Fuck. A double encore? C'mon, that's a little self-indulgent. At the very least, he shoulda thrown in That's When I Reach for My Revolver.
oword

markie

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
I think he broke another guitar string and that triggered the second encore......

My mind is a bit hazy.