Author Topic: Which four songs....  (Read 1851 times)

brennser

Which four songs....
« on: March 05, 2004, 11:40:00 am »
....would you download from itunes if you (like me) had four winning Pepsi bottle tops from your sugar water drinking friends.....?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Which four songs....
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 03:05:00 pm »
you could try "Black Jack Davey" one of the "exclusive" White Stripes tracks.

i'm kinda digging "Chained at the Wrist" by Young Circle.  it was an Emusic bonus track and once my monthly alloment of songs resets i'm going to get the entire EP.  It features Rowetta of Happy Mondays fame and lifts liberally from The Stones Roses, etc.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 03:29:00 pm »
or you download jessica simpson's butchering of robbie's "angels"

and for all that is holy stay away from mandy moore's "coverage" record.  they manage to make such chestnuts as "senses working overtime", "whole of the moon", "breaking us in two" sound like bad country tunes.
T.Rex

thirsty moore

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 05:04:00 pm »
You could download the Yeah Yeah Yeah's Maps.  It's an excellent song.

walkman

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 06:39:00 pm »
agree with 'Maps'.  And Black Jack Davey was the B side on the 7 Nation Army single, I think...good tune.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 07:20:00 pm »
it along with the brendan benson cover of "good to me" was on the cd single... however "good to me" is the only b-side to the 7" single of seven nation army.
T.Rex

paige

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 01:47:00 am »
"maps" is a great bet
 so is the brendan benson song "you're quiet"
 and anything by an albatross or black eyes should do the trick.

flawd101

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 09:26:00 pm »
o my god, i hate maps!!!
 i heard the song becuz one of my friends listens to shitty music. i cant believe that is a single...now back to my tenacious d...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 11:14:00 pm »
i see that the tenacious d marketing campagain is doing well in reaching their core age demographic...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 11:31:00 am »
so what four songs did you end up with?

i was going to suggest "legal man" by belle & sebstaine, one of their best but only available on a single, but it's not available for download via itunes.  it is however available via eMusic   :D
T.Rex

brennser

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 11:37:00 am »
so what four songs did you end up with?
only downloaded two so far (I'm very careful with my purchases even when they're free), the young somethings happy mondays/stone roses sounding band and the yeah yeah yeahs

both are good, not brilliant but good, althought I've only listened to them a few times

I looked for tv on the radio last night but they're not on itunes

I may go for the white stripes and brendan benson tonight

whats the deal with emusic - I read an article that said they are the best in terms of DRM, i.e. when you buy it its yours and you can make as many copies as you like? Is it $10 a month for 40 downloads and unlimited previewing?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 11:48:00 am »
yup no drm with emusic, just plain jane 192 VBR Lame encoded mp3 files. i'm listening to a cd right now that was burned by converting their mp3 files into audio track and it sounds great.   i'm on the 90 songs for 19.95 a month plan which works out to about 22 cents a song.  they are looking to change from a per month fee to a buy x number of songs at a time.  there are 30 second samples to preview subscriber or not...

i also read that allofmp3.com, the russian service, is now providing lossless encoding for some of their tracks.  in order words you'll be able to download the track as it appears on the cd.  i haven't dipped my toe into allofmp3 yet, but you pay by the amount downloaded not the number of tracks.  something which isn't available in the us due to copywrite laws.
T.Rex