Author Topic: Vampire Weekend anyone?  (Read 2140 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Vampire Weekend anyone?
« on: December 02, 2008, 02:51:07 pm »
I'm going tonight, got over the cd months ago but figured I have nothing else to do. Did anyone see them last night?
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Vampire Weekend anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »
I am also going tonite. Should be awesome. Smell you later.

eros

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:57:09 am »
I guess I'm not surprised at the lack of discussion due to the hipster backlash against Vampire Weekend.

I really enjoyed it.  A little short (1 hour?..but I guess that's due to a lack of material), and I could've done without the Fleetwood Mac cover. 

Not sure if this is a compliment or not, but they are very polished and professional sounding and looking.
ʎɐʍou

eros

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:09:48 am »
Oh yeah...and I'm going to try to forget that I ever laid eyes on the Teenagers.
ʎɐʍou

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:20:18 pm »
Hahahaha I actually enjoyed The Teenagers, the lead singer kept the show going. If only their album was as good as their live show.

Vampire Weekend was pretty good but they had played everything I wanted to hear within the first 40 minutes, I got a beer, got my coat, and had a cigarette. Walcott was a pretty good choice for a closer. They're really good live, their light show is cool, they're entertaining but I just wasn't really into it. Gimme another album and we'll talk.

Those 2 new songs I enjoyed and the Fleetwood Mac cover was alright.
‼‼?‼‼

Darth Ed

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 01:03:18 pm »
I went Monday night. It was a good, fun show. I really enjoyed their lively pop rock, but I wasn't blown away or anything. I agree that they need another album's worth of material to put on a really great show. Unfortunately, the club was super-crowded on Monday and I got there late and couldn't get a good spot like I usually try to do. That might have affected how much I was into the show, but I tried not to let it impact my enjoyment. I think I mostly succeeded.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 10:19:41 pm »