Author Topic: Jabs at Vampire Weekend never fail to make me smile  (Read 1078 times)

azaghal1981

Jabs at Vampire Weekend never fail to make me smile
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:18:47 am »
and I had to share this one that I just came across.

Bruce Adams (formerly of Kranky records): "Well, we had a very hard and fast rule that something had to overwhelm the both of us before we went for it. Very rarely was there anything that we
had to think about too hard. Most of the stuff made an impact pretty quickly. One of my main criteria is that there be room to grow. I want to find out
if a band can do more than what they're doing now-- if they're working on something that they can expand and experiment with and branch out from. And I
want to put out records that people 10 years from now could listen to and not say, "Oh, that's obviously done by a bunch of sprightly young Columbia undergraduates
who have Paul Simon records!" Or in our time it was the great grunge craze, and people discovering Black Sabbath records. The various crazes and phases
that music goes through-- the idea always was to put out records that hopefully transcended that. I think the Kranky win-loss record holds up over time."
احمد

Re: Jabs at Vampire Weekend never fail to make me smile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 09:22:28 am »
Hey Bruce, how does it feel to be 40 and still living in you parent's basement?

snailhook

Re: Jabs at Vampire Weekend never fail to make me smile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 02:41:46 am »
i don't think bruce adams would know that feeling.