Author Topic: This was a Weasel staple on HFS  (Read 2555 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
_\|/_

edbert

Re: This was a Weasel staple on HFS
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 11:41:06 am »
It's the NRBQ Captain Lou song!  I gave that to the guy who posted it on Youtube.  It was made by the WRC TV sports dept to tie in to George Michael's wrestling coverage way back around 1982

Speaking of Weasel I'm not sure anyone's noticed that he's off the air... since it doesn't change the stale corporate playlist on 94.7 one way or the other.  He's still in town though because I caught him rockin' out at the Hall Monitors gig.  According to DCRTV some major changes are expected in radio here in 2009... hopefully a decent music station will emerge

• my blog
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 01:26:43 pm »
Edbert, thanks for the history which I didn't know -- although I'd always wondered what the connection between NRBQ and Captain Lou was.

As for 94.7... for a brief while they seemed to hold some promise, and were actually mixing in some new music along with the classic stuff.  For the first time in several years I started listening to the radio again.   Apparently that didn't go over well with the exceedingly narrow minded attitude of many classic rock fans, because they completely abandoned that effort.

_\|/_

edbert

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 01:50:22 pm »
NRBQ hired Albano as their manager, this was before Cyndi Lauper, and they also had Professor Irwin Corey at some shows acting as their roadie/sound engineer.  It was all for laughs but they got a some press out of it

• my blog
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 02:16:08 pm »
Cool.  This is a bit random, but do you remember Joan Jett doing a cover of "Road Runner" tailored to the DC area?  I remember her singing about the Beltway and other area landmarks but I can't find that version anywhere now.   
_\|/_

edbert

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 02:26:03 pm »
nope

• my blog
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 01:41:36 pm »
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
_\|/_

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 03:31:01 pm »
I do but can't help you out on that. Sorry, Doom. Don't even remember where or how it was done but definitely remember some hype over it years back. I don't even know if it was recorded or if it was only a local show feature.

Good luck on your search.

• my blog
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 04:35:42 pm »
Ok so I'm not crazy.  It is nowhere to be found on Google.  It took me ten years and the eventual rise of Napster to find the Blondie version of "Heroes" so I will prevail on this too!

_\|/_