Author Topic: Anyone having a problem getting/sending PMs?  (Read 2402 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Anyone having a problem getting/sending PMs?
« on: January 23, 2009, 02:53:16 pm »
I've sent like 5 PMs to various people since the board changeover and I never seem to get a response back. Obviously it's completely possible that people hate me and simply aren't responding, but I feel that's unlikely considering the folks I sent them to. Also, the PMs I sent aren't showing up in my outbox. Anyone else having a problem?

walkonby

Re: Anyone having a problem getting/sending PMs?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 03:11:04 pm »
i've sent two with no responses . . . but i know people here hate me.   ;D

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 03:14:26 pm »
I've sent like 5 PMs to various people since the board changeover and I never seem to get a response back.

If this helps with your research, the last one I received from you was Dec 8 about the special goodie bag I was supposed to receive with my handwritten Julian's America Column.  I think the PMs are working for me, but maybe something is wrong with the US Postal Service?
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 03:39:24 pm »
No problems but I much much much prefer the layout of the old PM's page to this new one.

The one plus to this interface, though is that you can reply multiple times if need be. You don't always remember to include everything you want to say in one PM and with the old forum, you were SOL until the recipient responded.

احمد

eltee

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 04:13:37 pm »
send and receive okay for me.
I too prefer a different layout and haven't quite figured out if I can change the settings. I also can't find the tool to see if someone has read a PM.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 04:17:32 pm »
I don't think there's a way to tell if someone's read a PM.

Lame.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 04:26:14 pm »
I've sent like 5 PMs to various people since the board changeover and I never seem to get a response back. Obviously it's completely possible that people hate me and simply aren't responding, but I feel that's unlikely considering the folks I sent them to. Also, the PMs I sent aren't showing up in my outbox. Anyone else having a problem?

i haven't received anything from you recently, so i happened to be one of the 5 PM recipients you're wondering about, we have a failure to communicate - specifically, PMs not being delivered.

i can help you with one thing, tho:  have you been checking the "Save a copy in my outbox" check-box when you send PMs?  if you didn't, it would make sense that none are in your outbox.

i've *just* noticed that plural of "PM" spells PMS.  yes, that's the caliber of brain power you're dealing with here, folks.

i too am not a fan of the new PM interface.  i don't like that discussions aren't threaded anymore, all messages are on the same page.
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 05:02:20 pm »
  I think the PMs are working for me, but maybe something is wrong with the US Postal Service?
Something is wrong with Julian's ability to go to a post office and buy a protective tube to mail it. I'll make myself go today after work.

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 05:33:08 pm »
  I think the PMs are working for me, but maybe something is wrong with the US Postal Service?
Something is wrong with Julian's ability to go to a post office and buy a protective tube to mail it. I'll make myself go today after work.

perhaps the person behind the counter at the post office looked homeless?