Author Topic: Testers & Input Needed  (Read 3250 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Testers & Input Needed
« on: February 05, 2009, 03:46:29 pm »
Hey, I need a favor from some of you. I haven't been able to tune into my radio station, Air Atlantic Underground, since very early this morning. Started with connection problems on my side which were then easily fixed by resetting my router but then couldn't actually listen to my station. Had no problems with going into the website or using my broadcaster uploader software. I could see on my broadcaster page that others were listening but I couldn't. Figured I'd just let things ride until I got home from work today hoping all would work itself out.

It didn't. In fact, I can't get into anything Live365 at all. Not even their website. I've gotten email notices from Live365 that others like my station and have set it as a preset which has me thinking the site is up and functioning but I can't even get in to send a report about my problems. All other non-related sites are fine.

Before I call my ISP to see if they see anything particular, will some of you please go to Live365 and try my station to see if it's working at all. For all I know, the entire site may be down but I'd like to narrow a few things down before I call Comcast. (I have no way of calling Live365.  ::) )

No, this is not a trick to get you to listen. Your input will be very helpful and appreciated.

Here's the link:

http://www.live365.com/stations/airatlantic

Also, if you could please tell me approximately where you are tuning in from, especially if it's outside of the Baltimore/Washington area.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:48:23 pm by Jaguar »

vansmack

Re: Testers & Input Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:52:32 pm »
If this is some sort of ploy to increase your traffic, I love it!

Works for me Jag - currently listening to Shallow - "I love you" without a log in name from San Francisco over at&t fiber connection.
27>34

Jaguar

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 03:58:18 pm »
No, it's not. Seriously.

Update on my end: I can now get into the site but I still can't listen to anything. Apparently, there were 2 different issues involved. I've solved the site problem but not my original problem of actually being able to listen. When that originally went out, I had also lost my entire connection. Happened out of the blue without me fooling around with programs and such. That was what was resolved with reseting my router but must have some kind of packet loss or goofy pinging or something. I'll probably have to send a service ticket to Live365 which will take forever to resolve. At least I can get into their site now to do so.

Thanks.

jd930

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 03:59:56 pm »
Listening now in Gaithersburg, MD over Verizon T1 connection (I think). Me likes! Your evil plan has worked.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 04:10:06 pm »
works for me - currently mellowing out to "Williamson - Time You'll Never Get Back". good stuff.

i'm physically in NJ, but from a network perspective it probably looks like i'm in france although that's not always the case (blame it on our weird VPN).  but rest assured that the website and stream are up and running.

<sig>

Jaguar

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 04:23:11 pm »
Since the last post, I've logged out, cleaned my cache, etc., and logged back in thinking that would reset my cookies. Still no luck. I can use my uploading software but none of the different methods of listening. (sigh)

Glad you guys like it. Now, if only I could tune in.  :-\

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 04:26:25 pm »

To be honest, you're not missing much.  It's probably stuff you already own...
27>34

Jaguar

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 04:40:02 pm »

To be honest, you're not missing much.  It's probably stuff you already own...

Yeah, you're right. Although there are a few MP3 onlys sent to me from a few bands. Would like to have the actual discs but some aren't even pressed yet.

I'm out of options on my end to try. Now I'm gonna have to contact support which is always a bitch waiting for and getting them to answer what you actually asked. At least I knew some of the steps they would put me through on the front end.

Jaguar

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 05:06:07 pm »
Okay, it's working now. I have no idea why because I didn't do anything else. I swear. Had the player sitting up in limbo searching and trying to tune in. All of a sudden, I start hearing Resplandor. WTF? Must have been something with my ISP or Live365 satellite area network and out of my control.

Now I can  ;D again.

Jaguar

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 07:57:11 pm »
It's acting up again but I now know it's something on Live365's end. Phew! All the fixing is in their hands now.

Got an email from a friend of mine who is also a Live365 broadcaster asking me if I was having problems. He too can't get into his station. He could get mine and has been listening for awhile. Right now, I can't get mine nor my friend's but I can listen to the station of another acquaintance of ours. Both of them are in St. Louis.

Whatever is going on, I'm just relieved that it's now all out of my hands.

Thanks to those who gave me some input.