Author Topic: craigslist creepin  (Read 30622 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: craigslist creepin
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2009, 06:22:32 pm »
Have Amazon.com's shipping charges gone way up?
_\|/_

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2009, 06:44:52 pm »
does craigslist net more money for the seller than ebay?

Well that depends...they don't charge you anything it's all person to person.  It just depends on what you're selling and how much someone wants it.

walkonby

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2009, 06:54:56 pm »

Well that depends...they don't charge you anything it's all person to person.  It just depends on what you're selling and how much someone wants it.

what about 40 modest mouse tickets?   ;)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2009, 07:33:56 pm »

on first blush this just seems mildly dumb, but upon further reflection this might be the stupidest thing you've ever posted on here (high bar, i know)
(o|o)

walkonby

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2009, 09:51:03 pm »

on first blush this just seems mildly dumb, but upon further reflection this might be the stupidest thing you've ever posted on here (high bar, i know)
and that might be the most blatant attack on me just to attack me if i have ever seen one.  i sell on ebay.  i've never sold on craigslist.  maybe i would like to sell on craigslist.  if you sell on ebay, you may have noticed that buyers are not what they use to be with steady, decent, high bids and money shelled out for stuff.  even extra tickets to shows that i sell now and again.  i have always felt that buyers on ebay have reverted it to some sort of yard sale (as in, "will you take a quarter for that?" and the such.  it just seems that i don't make as much $$ there as i used to . . . and was curious if craigslist sees a high profit for selling.  dumb?  stupid? 

so i'm not sure what your reflection showed you in the mirror, but i felt my question was a sensible one to ask, whether at a high bar or at one with mini stools for midgets.

sonickteam2

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2009, 11:50:37 pm »
  I buy and sell many items on Craigslist and ebay.  Ebay, I have found to be much easier dealing with people, its more of a contract.  Although Craigslist doesnt usually involve shipping, it also doesnt involve a contract. So when i post something for sale on CL, i get 30 emails saying "is this still available" (sometimes even 20 minutes after i post it) then when i reply "yes" and tell them my area and time of availability, they never respond.  Or sometimes they do and say they are coming and never show up or when they get there, they try to haggle the price or decide they dont want it.

In fact, recently we got a new dining room set and i tried to sell our old one online, the guy came to buy it, then when he got there, made a sob story about how the table was too small (the dimensions were in the ad!) and his all of his kids couldnt fit around it. I sold him just the chairs for $100 (instead of the set for $200) cause i felt bad for the dude. 3 weeks later, my chairs are around another dining room table on CL for $600!!!! 

anyway, I prefer ebay cause it somewhat eliminates people sheer stupidity, ignorance and flat out inconsideration for other peoples time and money.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2009, 01:06:30 am »

ebay is an auction.

craigslist is a classified ad.

each method of selling has its plusses and minuses, but it's impossible to make broad-brush conclusions that one or the other will "net more money for the seller"

was that compassionate?
(o|o)

walkonby

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2009, 10:01:09 am »

ebay is an auction.

craigslist is a classified ad.

each method of selling has its plusses and minuses, but it's impossible to make broad-brush conclusions that one or the other will "net more money for the seller"

was that compassionate?

your brush strokes were neat and puffy clouds this time.  thank you.

chaz

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2009, 05:39:52 pm »

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2009, 06:46:34 pm »
Some of that is funny, but there are a few glaring flaws which categorize this guy as a douche himself, particularly:

1) the reference to "George Town Bars"
4) the dismissal of all of U Street as "where emo kids hang out"   (that's only the Velvet for certain shows)
2) The fact that he points out more than once that he has famous friends in Nashville (I thought this was a joke but I think he's serious)
3) the categorization of Dave Matthews Band as "good music"

_\|/_

chaz

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2009, 10:39:27 am »
Oh i wouldn't argue for a nano-second against the guy being a total douche....but his monologue certainly had it's moments.  That much is true.

Funny guy.

Bad douchey music taste.