Author Topic: Morrissey  (Read 23226 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Morrissey
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 11:18:07 am »
It's the mediocre setlist....UGH. This was a forgettable show.

Red Cortez were great, though.

Good show, but I found it lacking somewhat, compared to previous local shows.  Can't quite put my finger on why.   
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 11:31:40 am »
joe, if you're going to be an indie snob, please do it right: arrive in time for the opener, realize they are better than both the main act AND jesus, and leave before the headliner so you can blog about it before everyone else.  stop being half-assed about your hipsterness. 
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2009, 12:45:18 pm »
Get with the times, Sweetie. You text it in before the 1st band even hits the stage, then leave. Guaranteed home well before midnight so they get a full night's sleep to make it in to work the next day where all the other professional surfers join them online thinking how cool those were who claimed to be at said show.

Welcome to the Hipster Matrix.

Advance to level III.

wml7

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2009, 12:55:02 pm »
fucking hipsters

Vas Deferens

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2009, 01:14:09 pm »
Don't know what your problem is, or sweetcell's but I hope it's alright to be a little disappointed sometimes. I did not come to the show just to see the opener but I had high expectations going in, esp. after the Wolf Trap show. Granted I also considered going to the Philly show this coming weekend, but I'm not so sure about that anymore.
Do you guys LOVE the setlist? Billy Budd??? Come on, now.

fucking hipsters
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2009, 01:31:36 pm »
Do you guys LOVE the setlist? Billy Budd??? Come on, now.

i agree, he didn't go with a lot of upbeat stuff... even "ask," which is usually pretty fucking chipper, sounded kind of down

i kind of liked it... but the ideal setlist for me is 75% smiths, 15% bona drag/your arsenal, 10% new stuff, and i know that isn't going to happen, so whatever
(o|o)

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2009, 01:53:30 pm »
Joe, hush your mouth. Questioning the perfection of St. Morrissey the Almighty is not allowed by hipsters in denial.

Never mind that he hasn't put out a great album since  he parted ways with Johnny Marr, and that most of his solo stuff is shit. Please do not question the perfection of Morrissey. After all, he did save the lives of a generation of losers.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2009, 02:07:07 pm »
Never mind that he hasn't put out a great album since  he parted ways with Johnny Marr, and that most of his solo stuff is shit.

check out the new album, it's really pretty good...
(o|o)

Sage 703

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2009, 02:13:12 pm »

Good show, but I found it lacking somewhat, compared to previous local shows.  Can't quite put my finger on why.   

Red Cortez were actually pretty great; I just picked up their EP today.

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2009, 02:20:11 pm »
I did, and it did nothing for me.   ???

Though I'm really digging the new Best of Nick Lowe collection out on Yep Roc. Now there's a Britpopper who hasn't lost his songwriting touch after 30+ years.

Never mind that he hasn't put out a great album since  he parted ways with Johnny Marr, and that most of his solo stuff is shit.

check out the new album, it's really pretty good...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2009, 02:40:47 pm »
joe... t's'all right, i wasn't being serious.  i took your "loved the opener, headliner was boring" review and i ran with the stereotype :) 
<sig>

diediemydarling

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2009, 03:17:10 pm »
i was drunk off my ass but it was still one of the top five best moments in my life.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2009, 05:02:15 pm »
well this makes me happy since i couldnt get a ticket for the bowery. so instead i get to save my $75 which is probably a good thing. From what Im seeing tho - overall Ive not been that impressed with the setlists. Ill just relive my nights at Hammerstein which were beyond brilliant.

HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2009, 05:11:18 pm »
ahhhhhh, azag pointed out to me that you weren't being serious, but I guess it's hard to tell sometimes... ;)

joe... t's'all right, i wasn't being serious.  i took your "loved the opener, headliner was boring" review and i ran with the stereotype :) 
(_|_)