Author Topic: Feelies  (Read 3397 times)

bearman🐻

Feelies
« on: March 15, 2009, 03:09:33 pm »
Did anyone else go? I'm SO glad that I saw this instead of Morrissey, given the reports that it was a good but not great show. They started off with a bunch of stuff from "The Good Earth" and then moved into "Only Life" stuff, then they did "Too Far Gone" and "Raised Eyebrows" before finishing off the main set with "Crazy Rhythms". I thought they sounded incredibly well-preserved. Never mind that Brenda looked like a librarian, that band could rock and Glen Mercer really got into it. Then there were FIVE encores, mostly covers. 2 Velvet covers, Neil Young, Jonathan Richman, REM, Patti Smith. At one point some guy who drove up from South Carolina took it upon himself to wipe the sweat off of my head. Odd, but he meant no harm. Anyway, just thought I'd comment. Concerts like this are why I still enjoy going out so much. It surpassed the few expecatations I had and easily was one of the very best I've seen in a LONG long time.

Bags, I looked for you but didn't see you...did you enjoy?

Oh yeah, Blowoff was pretty fun too :) Bombay, great to see you there.

Bombay Chutney

Re: Feelies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 05:34:25 pm »
Always good to see you, bearman.   I really wish I could have gone to this one, but I didn't get back in town until late Saturday afternoon.  There was no way I was going to make it to an early show.  They were definitely one of the highlights of the R.E.M. tribute.   I'm sure the 9:30 show was a great one.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 07:00:29 pm »
Damn. I should've went. Three shows friday night still has me beat. I need to do fewer of those.
احمد

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 07:15:30 pm »
(o|o)

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 07:31:09 pm »
William Elliott Whitmore->Kinky->Homosexuals
احمد

Here's the thing

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 09:24:41 pm »
Bearman, at some point I want to say hello to you. I am pretty sure that you are at every show I attend! I don't think I am at all of yours, but once again, you have written a great review of a show we both saw.
This was the reunion I really wanted to see, because I never left a Feelies show disappointed or underwhelmed in the old days. This was no exception. I remember reading a review many years ago that compared Glen and Bill's guitars to wild animals trying to get away, but being controlled by the guys. It felt like that again last night.
I went to Morrissey in Richmond Friday night, and was feeling a little tired at the start of the set. I was excited about the first two songs, but still not quite there. For the of the show, I was completely lost in the set. They ROCKED, and I felt like I was 22 again. And when the light was just right, Glen looked just like he did twenty years ago.
Highlights for me: Too Far Gone and Barstool Blues. I wanted to hear Sedan Delivery, but I am just being greedy...

Bagley

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 05:27:07 pm »
Feelies did not miss a beat...brought me back to the days of yore at the old 930 club..highlight for me, aside from the Good Earth material, was the What Goes on, they nailed it...even got them to sign my white vinyl Crazy Rhythms...LONG LIVE THE FEELIES!