Author Topic: Hey Snailhook  (Read 1721 times)

nkotb

Hey Snailhook
« on: March 22, 2006, 02:09:00 pm »
Now that you've got all these great mid-sized venues, I thought you deserved your own requests thread.

So how about Oneida, Comets on Fire, Hella or Black Dice?  I've had to miss all of their recent (or not so recent, as the case may be) Baltimore shows.

snailhook

Re: Hey Snailhook
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 07:31:00 pm »
nkotb, i love all four of those bands you mentioned, and three of them go through kork, who i do lots of shows with. hella is also booked by an agency i've just started working with. i most certainly am already trying to get all four of those bands here on their next tours.

we booked hella at the warehouse in may 2004, and i booked comets on fire at the velvet -- before i had the warehouse -- in july 2003. i've had no luck with oneida for some reason, and black dice definitely need a bigger venue than the warehouse or dc9.

if you really dig the comets sound, you should check out residual echoes on june 11 at the warehouse. they are on holy mountain (home of six organs of admittance, om, and david redford triad)  and are from santa cruz like comets. they have a similar sound, kickass garage-psych without the echoplex. saw 'em in LA at arthurfest and they tore me a new one.

nkotb

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 11:29:00 pm »
Geez, that Hella date passed me right by.  I only remember the Ottobar show, and I couldnt' make that.  And I guess that's what I get for not ever checking the Velvet Lounge schedule...

Thanks for the response.  And I'll keep June 11 in mind.  Sounds intense.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 09:21:00 am »
You gotten them before, and they're booked by Kork, so I know you can get them again - Enon.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 04:49:32 am »
Hey Snail,

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Hope you were psyched.

redsock

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 05:33:48 pm »
Now that you've got all these great mid-sized venues, I thought you deserved your own requests thread.

Did i miss something, what new mid-sized venues?

EDIT: NM, i see this is super old. Damn it!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:37:21 pm by redsock »

bellenseb

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 06:25:11 pm »
Van Der Graaf Generator are looking to do some US dates around their July appearance at Nearfest in Philly.

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 07:48:46 pm »
JB's is a step up from the venues he booked in DC so I guess the first post is slightly relevant. As expected, the lame Eclipse people went with the shitty Talking Head in Baltimore for the Rick Bishop Araby Ensemble show over anywhere in DC. I'm going to try to do Baltimore->Philly, though.
احمد