Author Topic: NBA Playoff picks  (Read 5529 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: NBA Playoff picks
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 01:26:44 pm »
i root for the wizards in the nba and newcastle united in the epl

the amount of success that those two teams combined have had over my lifetime makes the pirates look like the 90's yankees
o/\o

serpent boy

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 03:26:41 pm »
EASTERN CONFERENCE
Cavs def Pistons in 4
Celtics def Bulls in 6
Magic def Sixers in 5
Hawks def Heat in 7

Cavs def Hawks in 6 (I'm an Atlanta fan; they probably would get swept)
Magic def Celtics in 5

Cavs def Magic in 6

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Lakers def Jazz in 5
Hornets def Nuggets in 7
Spurs def Mavs in 6
Rockets def Blazers in 5

Lakers def Rockets in 4
Hornets def Spurs in 7

Lakers def Hornets in 5

FINALS
Cavs def Lakers in 6

Venerable Bede

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 03:41:32 pm »
People still watch the NBA?  Hmm, who knew...

yeah. . .really. . .i'm gonna root for the virginia squires..i hear they have this roof-shaker named julius irving. . .i think he can single-handedly take the flint tropics in the finals.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 04:39:09 pm »
The NBA Finals games were the six highest-rated and most-watched programs so far in June, the first time that has happened in seven years.

The NBA was very lucky to have two big market teams in the finals last year, but comparing simply the final series is silly.  Do you think Yankees-Dodgers would beat a 9.3 rating?  I bet it would come close to a 19.3 rating, especially in a non-election year.

The NBA all star weekend isn't even on network TV for christ's sake.  You have to admit, NBA viewer ship was down for the last decade on only in the last 2 years has it seen an increase, albeit a small one as teams are even moving from larger cities to smaller cities because they can't keep demand high.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 04:47:01 pm »
could be, if the nba finals involve crab dribble, i'm sure the ratings will be strong again

only one team moved, and that was because of stadium issues. something i'm sure baseball can relate to

its just silly to say no one watches the nba the year after they got higher ratings than the world series. unless no one watches baseball either
o/\o

Mobius

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 10:20:14 pm »
Looks like Kobe and Lebron are on a collision course. . . and the Lakers, if healthy, are a class above . . .

stu47

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 11:47:25 pm »
cavs v. lakers is probably inevitable

magic could make it interesting in the east, while I think the west should be wide open I dont see (maybe if everybody shows up for Portland but I think theyre still a year or so away)

vansmack

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 06:45:00 pm »
People still watch the NBA?  Hmm, who knew...
i say the same about baseball

Now that they've swept Florida, people better start watching.  This is a good Pirates team now that pitching has seemed to come together at the same time.  I've said it before but I'll say it again: if Pedro Alvarez is half the masher as he is billed, this team can compete next year.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 10:17:43 am »
its really hard for me to talk about baseball without being snarky (even more so than most subjects), but the pirates are in a squeeze here for attention. in the last year: steelers win the super bowl, pens go to the stanley cup finals, penn state goes to the rose bowl and pitt has an excellent regular hoops season. hell, even penn state won the nit and pitt went to a bowl game (though it was the worst football game i ever watched)
o/\o