Author Topic: Face to Face / Pegboy  (Read 2332 times)

bearman🐻

Face to Face / Pegboy
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:07:59 am »
Did anyone else see them at Sonar? Is it just me, or do they play just as good now as they did about 12 years ago? That was an amazing show. It was great to see Pegboy too. Seemed like when Trever asked if folks were from Baltimore vs. DC there was a louder cheer for the DC folks. Hmmm...  Great setlist, performance, and a very fun night. I'm hoping that next time they come back it'll be the 9:30 and more folks turn up. I haven't seen that many stage dives in a long time.

Also, did anyone else see the insane guy (who was likely dusted) freak out and it took 5 door staff to remove him? It got pretty ugly at one point. Lots of punches, kicking, and blood. The Sonar staff did their best to get it under control, but it was pretty wild to see someone who was so completely out of their minds. Apparently the police had to take him away because once he was kicked out he tried to come back in.

Vas Deferens

Re: Face to Face / Pegboy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:16:58 am »
bearman you go to a lot of cool shows ;)

no, i missed it. I went to the Weakerthans & Datarock shows instead.

but I did manage to see the Naked Raygun/Paint it Black show at the Ottobar...that was a blast.

did they indicate whether they'll do another tour or this just a short NE tour?
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:34:34 am »
New album coming (14 songs have been written), and more tours but because Chad has a pretty successful business they're trying to work around him and he can't be out for really big stretches at a time. So they're kind of doing regions...they're hoping to do some Midwest shows next probably. Great guys, SO damn funny.

Naked Raygun sounds like it would have been awesome. F2F's drummer was telling me about the time he was in a band and they opened for NR at the Cabaret Metro in Chicago back in the 80's. They're one of his favorite bands.

Driveway

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:28:13 am »
I was there and thought the show was Okay.  Face to Face was good but all Pegboy wanted to do was talk about being old and fat for an hour.  It got old.  Also, Sonar sounds like shit.  The sound guy was more interested in his blackberry than the board.  The sound was pretty dreadful from all areas in the room.  Wasn't that space a parking garage at one point?  It sure sounds like it.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 02:42:35 pm »

The Naked Raygun show at Ottobar was ridiculously great! I saw them twice in the late 80's and this show was just as good. The trip to Baltimore was well worth it.

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 02:53:45 pm »
Funny, I thought for being Sonar the sound was actually pretty decent. Way better than other shows I've seen there. In the grand scheme of things, it's not the most desirable place to see a show. And yeah, Larry from Pegboy seemed as though he was going to fall over from a heart attack at some points...dude needs to hit a gym once in a while. But I still enjoyed seeing them. I didn't realize that Pegboy's guitarist used to be with Naked Raygun either.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 03:26:37 pm »
i saw face to face at a venue in pittsburgh that hasnt existed for 10 years
o/\o

andyrichter

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 07:50:58 pm »
I missed this show but I did see Naked Raygun and Paint It Black a couple weeks ago.  Now that was an awesome show.  I had a total blast.  I've never seen them before and all the old dudes I talked to who saw them back in the day said it was just as good, if not better. 

Davyboy

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 12:38:20 pm »
The show was great! And to be honest They sounded better than I can ever remember. Can't wait to see them again. They said they wanted to play DC and mentioned 930 in particular so SETH please make this happen ;) I thought Pegboy was pretty great and funny as hell. Sorry to those that thought the 'im old' thing got tiresome, Personally I loved it.

First time I have been to Sonar and I liked the club a lot,. Thought the sound was very good and I liked the Big open space as opposed to Rams Head 3 wierd and angular levels which I'm definitely not crazy about.  Free Parking with roaming security guys across the street was a plus. I'm going back to see ETID on the first of OCT.  only minus is it's in baltimore which is about a 1 hr 20 min drive for me on a good day.

I agree that little skinny guy that took 5 burly security guards about 5 minutes to get out the door was amusing and scary at the same time. That guy had to be dusted out of his head. Even Trever was yelling at the guy from the stage "Just stop moving man"