Author Topic: how to be an awkward interviewee  (Read 6980 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: how to be an awkward interviewee
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 03:41:53 pm »
I think i may have this on tape somewhere, but back in 1994, pavement was on 120 minutes with lewis largent as the host.  i remember lewis asking malkmus all these ridiculous questions about pavement songs and malkmus finally saying something to the effect of, you have completely misinterpreted nearly all of my songs.  it was amusing to watch lewis largent get schooled. . .and considering that these weren't "live" i can only wonder what was left on the cutting room floor.
OU812

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 03:43:45 pm »
So if Malkmus does it he's cool, but if Billy Bob does it, he's a douche?

I think i may have this on tape somewhere, but back in 1994, pavement was on 120 minutes with lewis largent as the host.  i remember lewis asking malkmus all these ridiculous questions about pavement songs and malkmus finally saying something to the effect of, you have completely misinterpreted nearly all of my songs.  it was amusing to watch lewis largent get schooled. . .and considering that these weren't "live" i can only wonder what was left on the cutting room floor.

nkotb

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 03:45:38 pm »
Billy Bob will get a pass as soon as he writes something as killer as Debris Slide.

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 03:51:42 pm »
He did write Slingblade and One False Move, they were both killer, and included some killings.

Billy Bob will get a pass as soon as he writes something as killer as Debris Slide.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 03:54:05 pm »
I like them French fried potaters.

walkonby

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 03:55:05 pm »
He did write Slingblade and One False Move, they were both killer, and included some killings.

yes but did malkmus ever date someone who had tongue olympics with their brother and makes fashion with blood?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 04:33:21 pm »

to clarify, the cool part was watching someone destroy lewis largent's credibility. . .it could have been anybody, lewis largent was an idiot who had no business hosting a music program.
OU812