Author Topic: A Milestone !  (Read 4957 times)

Ulsterfry

• I love music, Footy and mashed potatoes
Re: A Milestone !
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 02:42:08 pm »
No actually, as I am driving I won't be imbibing in any overpriced beer. I will certainly feed the teens before we get there as they are not fans of Vegan food.

And as for this shite they call music. Speaking for myself, not every concert I've been to has been a home run. It took me a long time to sort through the crap before I was able discern good music from mediocre music. I'm willing to give my kids that sort of leeway because as every parent knows the more you jam stuff down their throats the more they will hate it.

And as to the charge of getting sappy about the 9:30 club on the 9:30 club message board. Nice try. I was mearly mentioning how nice it is to have the 9:30 club around so that I can enjoy it with my kids. It's a rite of passage not an attempt at sappiness.

walkonby

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 02:48:01 pm »
just once i would love to go a show with mannie.  i bet he's a nice bloke, who only laughs out loud a few times.  ;)

Ulsterfry

• I love music, Footy and mashed potatoes
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 12:52:32 pm »
Just to wrap up this thread... as usual the staff at the 9:30 club did a GREAT job taking care of the show, the audience and the parents! The basement bar is a Godsend. And the bartender down there was amazing! The bands were ok. I saw a little bit of each of them and most of the 3oh3 set.

And contrary to the previous replies, both of the kids I took last night loved the 9:30 club. They really liked the whole "run-down" look of the place. They thought it was cool and can't wait to go back.

All-in-all another successful outing!

Thanks 9:30 staff!!!

walkonby

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 12:55:36 pm »
"run down" =  cool???    ;D ;D ;D ;D