Author Topic: sleater-kinney REFUND? RESCHEDULE?  (Read 1749 times)

disgruntled

sleater-kinney REFUND? RESCHEDULE?
« on: August 02, 2006, 08:28:00 am »
Despite the fact that the possible electrical failure of the 930 club last night was a real and sincere problem, why did the guy who ushered us out (after allowing the opening band to play), not inform us of how to go about getting a refund?  And why is there nothing about refunds or rescheduling of this event?  I think the 930 owes SK fans (of a SOLD OUT show of their LAST TOUR) an explanation.   :mad:

bnyced0

Re: sleater-kinney REFUND? RESCHEDULE?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:34:00 am »
Pipe down and read the roll call thread, 930 couldn't have been more professional with the situation and your night wasn't the only one f#@!ed up, frustration is understandable but lashing out is not going to help the situation.  The show is tomorrow at 9, I'm sure further details are coming.

Guiny

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:06:00 am »
What a little disgruntled crybaby.

Bags

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 09:53:00 am »
Dude, can you give them fucking 12 hours to figure that out?!?  I think they had several MAJOR concerns to deal with last night, like getting 1000 people to safety and doing what was necessary to keep the club from blowing up.

Gotta say, some folks are being quite the douchebags about this.  It was a $20 show.  You'll find out how to get a refund.  I assure you, 9:30 will accommodate you.  They are very good about things like this.

Originally posted by disgruntled:
  Despite the fact that the possible electrical failure of the 930 club last night was a real and sincere problem, why did the guy who ushered us out (after allowing the opening band to play), not inform us of how to go about getting a refund?  And why is there nothing about refunds or rescheduling of this event?  I think the 930 owes SK fans (of a SOLD OUT show of their LAST TOUR) an explanation.    :mad:  

Celtschmerz

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 10:03:00 am »
I just came here (first time) to get the scoop on the show.

I was very impressed last night by how the club handled the situation. (That said, I was quick to get the hell out of there as soon as possible, 'cause I'm old enough to remember the Who in Cincinnati.)

I wonder how many people stiffed the bar staff?

I was annoyed, yes, to have paid for parking (the emergency investigation had started by the time I got there, just after the Rogers Sisters had started), and for a 6-dollar Anchor Steam, and for a T-shirt both 'cause it was cool and to soak up the sweat. And also to have driven from 45 minutes away.

But it was as painless as it might have been, from my point of view, under the circumstances.

Best line heard among the very orderly crowd coming down from the balconies and out the back alley: "First fucking Snow Patrol, now this."

Looking forward to Thursday.

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 01:33:00 pm »
"stay the fuck home then."  - seth

tigersscareme

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 02:30:00 pm »
I've never known the 9:30 staff to be anything but tops and incredibly organized as well as exceedingly kind. I wish i could say the same about another club in town that I regularly frequent and sometimes work with.

It seems minor, but I hope they're all ok.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 03:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by tigers scare me:
thanks for the concern.  everyone got out of the club unscathed.  that includes patrons, talent, and staph.  i did get a cut on my finger later on while cleaning up in the dark, though.  i think i'm going to survive.

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 05:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:

Originally posted by tigers scare me:
thanks for the concern.  everyone got out of the club unscathed.  that includes patrons, talent, and staph.  i did get a cut on my finger later on while cleaning up in the dark, though.  i think i'm going to survive. [/b]
i hope you weren't cleaning the floor when you got cut; you might not survive.