Author Topic: Neil Young has surgery  (Read 1278 times)

SPARX

Neil Young has surgery
« on: April 02, 2005, 02:11:00 pm »
Neil Young Treated for Brain Aneurysm
 Apr 2, 9:24 AM EST

Neil Young was treated for a brain aneurysm this week and remains hospitalized, although doctors expect a full recovery, his publicist said Friday.

The 59-year-old rocker underwent a procedure to treat it Tuesday night at a New York hospital, where he was expected to remain for a few more days, publicist Bob Merlis told The Associated Press.

Dr. Pierre Gobin, who performed the procedure with another doctor, said: "Mr. Young had a dangerous brain aneurysm and was treated successfully by the minimally invasive neuroradiology team here. He is now resting comfortably ... but we strongly recommend that he not travel for several days."

Young had been expected to perform Sunday at the Juno Awards â?? the Canadian equivalent of the Grammys.

"I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to make it to Winnipeg for the Junos as I had hoped. I grew up there and was really looking forward to the show as well as spending some time with my old friends and family," Young said. "Thanks to my doctors, I'm feeling a lot better now so I hope I can get a rain check."

The aneurysm was discovered when Young's vision became blurry after attending the March 14 induction ceremonies for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Merlis said. An examination by a neurologist detected the aneurysm and the procedure was scheduled.

The veteran rocker is expected to resume normal activities soon. But for now, Merlis said, "He's got to take it easy."

walkonby

Re: Neil Young has surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
while people, such as me, battle it out to be the first one to publish the story on here.  how sad (for me).  

oh yeah, and that sucks for neil.  what a great performer that guy is to see live.  at bonnaroo two, he was defined as the loudest and hardest band there to rock the jizzoint.  and there were plenty of those as well floating the sky grey gorgeous.  i found it so amusing when he coughed up some "sound problems on his set" to keep his performance off of the bonnaroo dvd.

Barcelona

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 06:50:00 pm »
to me, one of the best musicians and songwriters ever.

This afternoon I am listening to "Sleeps with Angels", "Harvest moon" and "Are you passionate". But right now, Grandpa's interview from Greendale.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 06:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
word.
_\|/_

Random Citizen

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 07:02:00 pm »
 But right now, Grandpa's interview from Greendale.
Love that album...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 07:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Confssions of an Englsh Opium Eater:

word. [/b]
i'll add a 'true dat'

seen him like 8 times live. always great
o/\o

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 07:59:00 pm »
"Cinnamon Girl" guitar solo -- best solo ever.  Beauty in simplicity.
_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 08:47:00 pm »
look out ma, there's a white boat coming down the river.

i just love how a lot of his "fans" were really turned off and divided by his last album.

and my favorite n. young moment:  heckler: "it all sounds the same."  neil: "it's all one song."