Author Topic: AAC- MP3?  (Read 1021 times)

helicon1

AAC- MP3?
« on: April 21, 2006, 01:18:00 pm »
Any software that provides this function? And I'm too cheap to want to pay:) ! Thanks.

joeavrage

Re: AAC- MP3?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 01:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Glass Arm Shattering:
  Any software that provides this function? And I'm too cheap to want to pay:) ! Thanks.
As long as the file doesn't have DRM, you can use iTunes to convert it to a .WAV file, and then use a program that supports the LAME encoder e.g.  Audacity  to convert to .mp3.
 (There's probably a quicker way though)
 AND, in general, you don't want to do this unless you're really desperate because you'd be converting from one lossy compressed file to another, so it'll probably sound worse than what you started with

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 01:42:00 pm »
Not sure if this will help but a friend from another cyber haunt recommened the VLC player to someone for something or other. (May have been for MP4s.) It's free and seems to work rather well. Not sure if it works with AAC files though as I haven't tried it with those yet. This little program has more stuff in there than I have any clue of what they are talking about!

-Edit-
 Apparently, it does handle AAC. Here's the Full Features List. Like I said, it's a nice little piece of free software. But, it's not a converter. Hmmmm, keep searching....

helicon1

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:22:00 pm »
Thanks! It worked.