Author Topic: Black Cat Flashlight  (Read 4360 times)

Driveway

Black Cat Flashlight
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:18:54 am »
Have they had problems with underage drinking lately or something?  At the show last night, there was this girl walking through the audience quite rudely all night with a super bright halogen flashlight shining it all over people.  It was really distracting from the band and when I went home I got a terrible headache.  Is this something that they do regularly now?  If so, they need to find a less intrusive, less headache causing way to deal with the issue.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:38:26 am by Driveway »

Vas Deferens

Re: Black Cat Flashlight
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 10:28:31 am »
they always do that to every mainstage show...was it the blonde girl?

How were Destroyer???
(_|_)

Driveway

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:31:02 am »
they always do that to every mainstage show...was it the blonde girl?

How were Destroyer???

Ahh I guess I haven't been there in a little while.  Destroyer wasn't really destroyer, but a Dan solo set.  It was awesome.  He is a real space cadet but sounded really great.  I just ordered 3 older Destroyer albums if that is any indicator.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:41:01 am »
good good...just super tired last night so I skipped the show :/

did you make it to Superchunk at south seaport though? They did YOUR song!   8)
(_|_)

Driveway

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:46:41 am »
good good...just super tired last night so I skipped the show :/

did you make it to Superchunk at south seaport though? They did YOUR song!   8)

Nope, but I saw VS play at Mercury Lounge about a week before that.  Good times.  I would have gone to Seaport if I didn't already have tickets for Versus.

jpauls20

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 10:58:46 am »
anybody know of a setlist from last night's destroyer show??

BookerT

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 11:18:53 am »
what road
helena
european oils
destroyer's the temple
no cease fires!
your blood
goddess of drought
streets of fire
foam hands
virgin with a memory
the state
self portrait with thing
don't become the thing you hated
painter in your pocket

to the heart of the sun on the back of a vulture, i'll go
farrar, strauss, giroux

Driveway

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 11:34:29 am »
Also worth noting, Destroyer fans seem to be really short.  I like this.

Samantha

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 06:12:11 pm »
I think with the warmer weather they've been having more issues, yeah.  The douchebags have been out full force lately.

If you want to gauge this, they sometimes tally the number of throw-outs on the back of the signs on the front door.  The higher the number, the grumpier the staff.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 06:18:36 pm »
Have they had problems with underage drinking lately or something?  At the show last night, there was this girl walking through the audience quite rudely all night with a super bright halogen flashlight shining it all over people.  It was really distracting from the band and when I went home I got a terrible headache.  Is this something that they do regularly now?  If so, they need to find a less intrusive, less headache causing way to deal with the issue.

If they had to do it for that reason, they're just like ever other spot who doesn't want to lose their liquor license.

I was up there Saturday performing with Black & Tan Fantasy who was opening for Extra Golden. Didn't see those bright lights you've mentioned the whole night. Unless it was an all ages show......

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 07:46:36 pm »
Black Cat wouldn't do this unless they had to.   I've also noticed on weekend nights that they sometimes have someone standing on a stool in the Red Room, watching the room, as if it were a bunch of kids rather than adults (which it sort of is sometimes).   

I think they are suffering from an unfortunate confluence of two different categories of douchebags -- an increasing population of people who have no business being in a grown-up bar, and an increasing population of asshole NIMBY types in the neighborhood who resent places like the Cat and would love to see their license yanked.  So they have to be super careful.
_\|/_

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 07:55:43 pm »
Was the chick hot?

I could tolerate the distraction if the blonde girl provided some eye candy...
27>34

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 06:54:04 am »
but you wouldn't be able to appreciate the eye candy if you were blinded by a halogen light shined in your face...

_\|/_