Author Topic: urchin sounds?  (Read 1736 times)

walkonby

urchin sounds?
« on: June 02, 2005, 03:49:00 pm »
so, i'm a deliberate fanatic of ween since the startin tracks of "god,ween,satan", and since it's looking like i might never see or hear from them again, i was curious about this band, sounds of urchin.  what is the general opinion of them?  i've never gotten around to checking them out, and i see that they might be starting to really take off now.

joz

Re: urchin sounds?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 04:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  so, i'm a deliberate fanatic of ween since the startin tracks of "god,ween,satan", and since it's looking like i might never see or hear from them again
huh? according to their website (post from 5/11), they're rehearsing and may play out this coming fall. have you heard something that would make you think they're defunct? i sure hope not.

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 04:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:

so, i'm a deliberate fanatic of ween since the startin tracks of "god,ween,satan", and since it's looking like i might never see or hear from them again
huh? according to their website (post from 5/11), they're rehearsing and may play out this coming fall. have you heard something that would make you think they're defunct? i sure hope not. [/b]
really?  i'll go check the site out.  thanks!!  i was still under the impression that somebody's alcohol problem was going to be the band's downfall, and seeing how urchin was pushin out the daisies, i was almost certain that ween was being left behind.  i loved it when they played the club last, but when they come back, here's hoping they throw down at the warner or the lincoln theatre!!!

joz

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 04:58:00 pm »
lincoln theater seems like a queer venue for a band like ween. never been to the warner but i would venture to guess it's similar. if anything, i'd rather see ween in a smaller venue like the 9:30 or black cat. what makes you think a seated, stuffy venue like the lincoln would be better?

nkotb

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 05:00:00 pm »
I bought the Sounds of Urchin EP based on it being produced by Deaner, and it basically boils down to horribly unintersting rap rock.  And not funny, mega-aggressive rap rock like the Moistboyz.  I wouldn't waste your time.

As for Ween, Joz has it right; there should be new stuff on the way, including a website-only release of an unreleased tracks disc, which, if you've heard any of the unreleased stuff they've made available (uh, oxymoronic?), it should be a gem.

so, i'm a deliberate fanatic of ween since the startin tracks of "god,ween,satan", and since it's looking like i might never see or hear from them again, i was curious about this band, sounds of urchin.  what is the general opinion of them?  i've never gotten around to checking them out, and i see that they might be starting to really take off now.

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 05:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
  lincoln theater seems like a queer venue for a band like ween. never been to the warner but i would venture to guess it's similar. if anything, i'd rather see ween in a smaller venue like the 9:30 or black cat. what makes you think a seated, stuffy venue like the lincoln would be better?
as i was typing my last responce, i was indeed thinking that yes, those two theatres would bloody be a bit queer, mate, for such a rowdy claim to sound violence that ween can throw around on the down brown ground.  plus, no smoking joints on stage and all of that.  but i've just been so spoiled by the concerts i've seen in theaters ove the years, that it just came spilling out.  i should of said that i would love to see them at a place like pier six in baltimore.  that place is so nice, riuniti on ice.

joz

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 10:18:00 am »
speaking of ween...was watching the alternative on vh1 last night and they showed the video for push the little daisies...deaner never fails to crack my shit up. they're pulling storebought mushrooms from a big freezer bag and sniffing them before they eat them. what a trip.