Author Topic: my Nov. 7 radio show is online through Fri., Nov. 13  (Read 867 times)

Christine Moritz

my Nov. 7 radio show is online through Fri., Nov. 13
« on: November 13, 2009, 12:17:30 am »
To hear the Saturday, November 7 edition of my radio show, "Variety Is the Spice of Life" -- including recordings of my sets from the Balkan Beat Box show (9:30 Club, March 2009) and my July 2008 set from Local 16 -- check out the link on my radio show archives page or the direct download link below.

The show will be hosted on the WMUC website until 11:59 p.m. U.S. ET Friday night, November 13.

"Variety Is the Spice of Life" radio show, Saturday, November 7, 2009
-- perma-link for the weekly archive for the fall 2009 semester:
http://wmucradio.com/stream_ripper/sat/Variety_Is_the_Spice_of_Life_1200_1500.mp3

NOTE: The November 7 show begins at the 2m30s mark on the MP3.

Artist - Song - Label

Towa Tei - Luv Connection - EastWest Japan / Elektra (U.S.)
** beginning of recording of my DJ set #1 from the Balkan Beat Box show at the 9:30 Club, March 31, 2009 **
The Dining Rooms - African Loungesters - Schema (Italy) / Guidance (U.S.)
Mr. Scruff - Shelf Wobbler - Ninja Tune (UK)
Gotan Project - Notas (feat. Juan Carlos Cáceres) - Ya Basta (France) / XL (UK/U.S.)
Kidgusto - Manha de Carnaval - TrueGrooves (U.S.)
Zuco 103 - Outro Lado - Ziriguiboom (Belgium) / Six Degrees (U.S.)
Michael Franti and Spearhead - Skin on the Drum (Bassnectar Remix) - Six Degrees (U.S.)
Zeb - Be Humble - Wonderwheel (U.S.)
Nitin Sawnhey - Homelands (Dzihan & Kamien Remix) - Outcaste (UK) / Poets Club (Germany)
Track n Field - Levyraati - Nine2Five (Finland)
Thievery Corporation - Vampires - ESL Music (U.S.)
Up, Bustle, & Out - Emerald Alley - Ninja Tune (UK)
Thunderball - The Road to Benares - ESL Music (U.S.)
Radar - Caravane - Music for Dreams (Denmark) / Bar de Lune (UK)
Mint Royale - From Rusholme with Love - Faith & Hope (UK) / Universal (U.S.) / Poets Club (Germany)
Badmarsh & Shri - Get Up - Outcaste (UK) / Nettwerk America
** end of recording of my DJ set #1 from the Balkan Beat Box show **
Azaxx - Zorbanissimo - Tru Thoughts (UK)
** beginning of recording of my DJ set #2 from the Balkan Beat Box show at the 9:30 Club, March 31, 2009 **
Zeb - Felakesh (Cay Taylan Downtempo Mix) - Wonderwheel (U.S.)
Nickodemus - Global Village (instrumental) - Wonderwheel (U.S.) / ESL Music (U.S.)
Erik Sumo - The Real Moustache (Vono Box DJs Remix) - Pulver (Germany)
end of recording of my DJ set #2 from the Balkan Beat Box show
Air - Tropical Disease - EMI Music France / Astralwerks (U.S.)
** beginning of recording of my DJ set from the "Jerk'n'Reggae" event at Local 16, July 13, 2008 **
Kabuki feat. Cleveland Watkiss - After the Fire [snippet] - Best Seven (Germany) / Sonar Kollektiv (Germany)
The Strike Boys feat. Emo - I Am a Witness (The Strike Boys Danger Dub) - Stereo Deluxe (Germany)
Fat Freddy's Drop - Wandering Eye - The Drop (New Zealand) / Kartel (UK) / Sonar Kollektiv (Germany) / Quango (U.S.)
Freestylers - Signs - Freskanova (UK) / Mammoth (U.S.)
Tosca feat. MC Tweed - Gute Laune - G-Stone (Austria)
Mark Rae - Candystripe (Lightning Head Remix) - Grand Central (UK)
Overproof Sound System - Watch What You Put Inna (G Corp Version) - Different Drummer (UK)
Nightmares on Wax - 70s 80s (Scientist Remix 1) - Warp (UK)
The Black Seeds - So True - Best Seven (Germany) / Sonar Kollektiv (Germany)
** MP3 for the Nov. 7 show ends -- the following three tracks appear on the MP3 for the show after mine **
Frost and Wagner - Big Disgrace - Best Seven (Germany) / Sonar Kollektiv (Germany)
Beats International - Dub Be Good to Me (Norman Cook's Excursion on the Version) - Elektra
Bob Marley & the Wailers - Lively Up Yourself (Bombay Dub Orchestra Mix) - Quango (U.S.) / Fontana (U.S.)

For the fall 2009 semester, the show airs live on WMUC on Saturdays from 12 noon to 3 p.m. U.S. ET.
- Direct link to WMUC's live broadcast (160 kbps - VBR): http://wmucradio.com/wmuc-high.m3u
- More info on tuning in live online: http://www.varietyisthespice.com/online.html

Christine Moritz
www.varietyisthespice.com
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:44:08 am by Christine Moritz »